It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Materials To Be Smuggled From Ukraine Seized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Radioactive uranium and cesium worth 3.1 million euros ($4.9 million) has been seized in Ukraine. It was found in a car with two suspects. Since one of the men apparently worked for the Ukrainian embassy in Germany, I guess it could have been bound for Germany. But of course, it could've been bound for any country...

Ukraine Embassy Worker Arrested for Radioactive Smuggling

According to reports, the two suspects had been transporting uranium and cesium in an automobile.

The confiscated radioactive elements were believed to have been removed from a special holding facility in the Ukrainian capital Kiev for sale to an organized crime group, according to the report.

The police did not make clear where the pair intended to transfer the materials.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What do criminal groups want radioactive materials for? Making bombs? Poison? Blackmail? Whatever it is, it can't be good...

Country profile: Ukraine (BBC)

Similar / possibly related threads:
The World's Most Accessible Nuclear Facility
Imminent Terror Attack On Ramstein And Frankfurt Airport Foiled
Radioactive Train Stopped On Ukrainian Border
Tiraspol - Moldova - Mafia in Uniform
WAR: Radioactive Rockets For Sale To Terrorists
Putin does it again!!! (poisoned spy)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
hmmm i guess the possibilities are endless ...
Al Queda operatives ...some rogue state .....
lots of bad guys out there with devious aims
how about some multi-billionaire with a scheme to cause chaos somewhere in the world upon which he could capitalize and increase his power and wealth ???
any takers? what's the name of that company supplying black ops soldiers?? I'll bet they could make "good" use of the stuff

join