It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shell Perdido Oil Platform Creature

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well if you consider all the fresh water that was added to the oceans with the polar caps melting over the past few years it would and has caused deep water sea life to come into shallower waters. It is is obviusly by its body a deep water or ocean valley dweller. The arms themselves point to this fact as although they are overly "long" they are used as a web to catch anything it can.
Add to that the recent Japanese deep sea finds of a flurry of lfe in areas so deep we thought it would have been impossible for life to survive the shear pressure of the water and lack of light and oxygen. Expect to see alot more of these in coming months. The farther the fresh water spreads the more of these creatures we will see in shallow waters.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by prototism

Thanks for posting. I LOVE that video. I mean, how cool is THAT? Either a giant squid or just a really big "normal" one. I bet oil rig divers have some pretty good tales to tell.

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

if its a squid its nothing like anything that has been descovered yet. architeuthis or the "giant squid" has many signifigant diffrences to this.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join