It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(LSWC) When The Sun Goes Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

LACUNA COIL WITHIN ME

Something about you that makes me feel bad
I wasn’t there when a thin line destroyed your soul
I search every corner
There’s nowhere to hide
How I feel ignorance
Sacrifice some days it’s harder
Let’s face it, it’s all about me
Deeply into your own

Deep within me
Life’s crawling and wasting my days
Another night gone and I know there will be another way
I’m leading myself to be free
In this eternal goodbye

Something about you will make me stronger
Now I’m aware when a man falls rebound, my fault
I search every corner
Just nowhere to hide
How I feel ignorance
Sacrifice some days it’s harder
Let’s face it, it’s all about me
Deeply into your own

Deep within me
In this eternal goodbye

Here I wanna be
No more lies!

Deep within me
In this eternal goodbye

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wail of the police siren abruptly ended the conversation Catherine Mallory was having with her daughter, Trista.
She quietly cursed under her breath as she pulled over to the side of the road.
"Oh fabulous Mother!" Trista exclaimed. "Now you really are going to be late!"
"Oh hush!" Catherine whispered, her finger up to her lips," I wasn't going fast was I?"
The officer tapped on her window, and she quickly obliged him by rolling it down.
"Good evening officer. What seems to be the problem?" She smiled at him in the most innocent of ways.
Trista rolled her eyes and could only shake her head.Occasionally she wondered if her and Catherine had
switched the roles of mother and daughter. At 24 she was far more mature than Catherine at twice her
age, and baffled by her mother's lack of responsibility for her own actions.
"May I see your license please?" The officer demanded.
While Catherine tried to talk her way out of a ticket, Trista's thoughts drifted back to the events earlier
in the day. Her heart ached, and she felt dizzy and nauseated. She should have known better than to fall for
Ruben, to let her feelings for him rule over her gut instincts. To see him with someone else was a torture of the
worst degree.All the enchanting words he whispered in her ear...
"I love you baby..."
"You take my breath away..."
"I'll give him enchanting words" she whispered under her breath.
Trista brought herself back to the present moment.
"You have yourself a wonderful evening Officer Randall. And do drop by the house later with your wife,
there's plenty of food for a couple more!" Catherine chirped as she rolled up her window.
Trista felt even more nauseated.
"Oh god Mother, could you be more disgustingly sweet?"
"My dear" Catherine explained herself, "If batting your eyelashes and flashing a smile gets you ahead in life,
use it.You might have learned that with Michael before he went off to the city instead of staying here with
your useless cheater of a boyfriend."
"Oh that's just it!" Trista yelled. " I'll walk the rest of the way."
"Now, now, don't be angry." Catherine spoke in a firmer voice.
But Trista had only begun to vent..
"Excuse me Mother, but who are you to dictate to me, while you flirt with everyone including cops,
and you are on your way home to husband number three,to party with all your "upper-class" friends,
whom are ALL divorced and remarried, and will probably be eye-balling each other husbands at
your party tonight?"
"TRISTA!" Catherine gasped as her daughter got out and slammed the passenger door in her face.
She sat there in the car for a moment, wondering if there was more she could say, or whether she
should go after her. She thought better of it. Trista needed time alone, to calm down,to process her thoughts.
Catherine backed her car up, and turned around headed for home. It was less than a mile to Trista's
small house, and about an hour away from sunset. She had no fear her daughter would make it
home just fine.
The blazing sun still slightly high in the west, was no match for the degree in which Trista's blood
was boiling right now.
DAMN! The audacity of that woman was truly unreal. As if her day wasn't harsh enough, leave it
to good ol' mom to pour salt in that wound, and rub it in good.
She stopped mid-stride and let out a blood curdling scream at the top of her lungs. No one
around for miles to hear her, except the blackbirds who quickly flew from their perches in the
trees at the sound.
She had hoped to expel some of the pain with that effort. It didn't work. If anything, it made
her more angry that she felt this way at all, and that she allowed it to bother her.
There are so many better ways to use one's energy.

Clouds had started to roll in from the east and the wind had picked up slightly.
The sun was deepening in color from a brilliant yellow to a fiery orange, illuminating the
clouds as they closed in around it.
She shuffled her feet up the walkway to the house. It was more of a cottage really.
Quaint, with a small herb and flower garden in front that Trista herself had put there.
The previous owner was an elderly woman, very eccentric in her ways. Loved her
privacy. Her only child, a son, had left for the city as soon as he was old enough,
only returning when his mother could no longer care for herself. He placed her in
a care facility on the edge of town, and rented the house versus selling it, thus
paying for his mother's monthly care. It was a good enough place for Trista,
and she relished the solitude.
Once inside she filled the kettle and placed it on the stove for tea. Opening the
refrigerator gleaned a score of last nights leftovers. She quickly heated them up
in the microwave, made her tea, and sat down at the table to mull over her intentions
while she ate. Trista never considered herself a spiteful person. To her this would
be ridding the world of a person undesirable. Saving other women the same pain.
Over and over she justified it in her mind till the words became like a beckoning
mantra..
"You can do this..."
"You can do this..."
The sun had almost completely set. She had much to do before the moon came up full.
Putting her dishes in the sink to be washed later, she climbed the small staircase and
went into the bathroom.
She turned on the taps in the tub, getting it just the right temperature, and then she
poured out a hand full of dried rose hips from a container on the shelf above.
Placing 4 white candles around the room, she lit them, and then removed her clothing
placing it in the hamper.
She stepped inside the hot bath, and slid down feeling the heat wash over her.
She needed to relax, to clear her mind, to cleanse inside and out.
The only sound was the breeze blowing through the trees outside.
She focused on breathing. The oxygen filling not just her lungs, but her entire
body. Feeling it flow through her veins with her blood. She quickly drifted to a
different state of mind. She felt stronger. Mentally and physically. She saw
the pictures in her mind of the task ahead, and she knew she could do this.
It would be so easy. She took a deep breath and climbed out of the now tepid water.

A draft blew through the open bedroom window, but she was not chilled, simply refreshed,
invigorated.
From the back of her closet, she retrieved the black hooded robe. Not used for awhile,but
not dusty either. From the shelf above, she took the black velvet bag, filled with all the tools
she needed.
Trista pulled the robe over her head and let the silky fabric fall to her ankles. She wore nothing
underneath. Her feet remained bare. She picked up the bag and placed it over her shoulder.
Before descending the stairs she walked inside the bathroom and stared at her reflection in
the mirror. This was not the Trista from earlier today. This was not the Trista that her mother knew.
This was certainly not the Trista that Ruben knew. She smiled at herself....
"Oh yes, there are far better ways to use one's energy."
She blew out the white candles, and prepared herself to leave the house.
Trista walked outside the back door of the house, and deep into the forest which lay behind it.
Darkness had fallen and the moon was showing it's glowing face. No stars were visible from behind
the clouds.
She did not need any more light than the full moon provided. Truthfully, she could have made her way here
in complete darkness just by the feel of the ground beneath her bare feet. The moss felt soft and cool, and
more soothing than the most luxurious plush carpet.
The sound of a mourning dove made her stop briefly, and close her eyes to it's sad song. How appropriate.

(Continued next post)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
She continued through the path she had made to the circle of stones, and the pool of water.
Kneeling in front of the pool, she opened the bag and removed all the items she needed. She placed them, one by one
on a flat rock at the edge of the pool.
A chalice, a smudge pot, salt and herbs, a small vile of wine, 4 black candles, and matches.
The moon was rising high, and she needed to quicken her pace.
First, was to cast the circle. She reached for the mixture of salt and herbs, and walking all around
the stones and pool poured a line of the combination of all on the ground around her. Then she placed
a candle in each of the four directions..North, South, East, and West, and lit them.
Placing a small amount of sage in the smudge pot, she lit the herb, then blew out the flame, allowing
the smoke to wisp up around her face. Using her hand, she waved around the aromatic scent whilst walking
around the inside of the circle three times, quietly whispering the words.
Lastly, she knelt in front of the pool, and poured the vial of wine into the chalice.
She lifted it above her head, toasting it's sweetness to the moon.Placing it to her lips, she took
a small sip, then carefully poured the rest into the pool of water, just as the reflection of the full
moon appeared on it's surface.

Ten miles away, on the other side of town,Ruben lay peacefully slumbering in his bed.
His breath slow and even.His eyelids still.
The digital clock on the nightstand changed from 12:06 to 12:07. The red numbers casting
an eerie glow on the wall.
He slept soundly, and dreamless now. Completely unaware of what the night would bring him.

Trista carefully placed her hands into the water. One on either side of the reflected moon, as
if she held the celestial entity in her hands. Closing her eyes, she focused, and as she did so,
spoke softly, slowly...Letting the energy form around her, from within her, connecting together
as one.
From the pool arose a mist of green, faint at first, then growing. As it grew, Trista spoke louder,
faster. Feeling the strength gaining in her, she pushed it towards the mist using all the energy she had.
The irridescent fog, rose up from the pool, the stones, the circle, and blew away like the wind. Trista,
her energy spent, collapsed on the cool ground.

The bedroom began to glow, the walls, the ceiling, the floor, the furniture. It spread across from the
window to the bed, where Ruben's eyelids began to flicker, and his breathing became somewhat erratic.
His eyes opened, and he coughed. As he did so, his cellphone on the nightstand began to ring.
He weakly reached over to answer it. Coughing more, and trying to take in enough air, he answered
a gasping "Hello.."
IN HIS OWN VOICE, IN HIS OWN WORDS, HE HEARD OVER AND OVER...

"I love you baby.."
"You take my breath away.'.
"I love you baby"...
"You take my breath away.."

Ruben felt his throat closing, no air getting to his lungs at all, and soon his eyes closed to the final blackness.

Trista awoke to the start of a light mist of rain, not sure how long she had been there. The moon had moved quite a
distance, and when she tried to stand up, her legs were very weak.
She gathered her things, and walking around the circle counter-clockwise, blew out three of the candles, leaving
the east for last.She brushed aside a small opening in the circle, then blew out the candle and stepped into
the outside.
The soothing rain was helping to bring her energy level back up, and she walked slowly through
the night back home, confident that her task was done, and her secret intact.

END.

* DISCLAIMER
Although the story portrays what appears to be a Wiccan ceremony, I can assure you that it is not
an accurate one and purely a work of fiction although I tried to include as many believable elements
as possible. I have the utmost respect for those who are Wiccan and practice the art, and Iam in no way
trying to diss or make light of it.
For anyone interested in Wicca or magic, I suggest you research THOROUGHLY before attempting
anything as it is nothing to fool around with.
A wise friend and Wiccan told me,
ALWAYS WORK IN THE LIGHT

AccessDenied

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well at least I didn't make it too wide this time!!!

Yep, AD needs lessons on using wordpad..

Always worked with my previous stories..ah, well..
Hope you enjoyed it.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The music video was ok.The rest really isn't my thing.Didn't really get the point of it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
The music video was ok.The rest really isn't my thing.Didn't really get the point of it.

Someone didn't eat enough sugar today.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

"I love you baby.."
"I love you baby"...

Nice touch AD.

I wonder if Trista gave any thought to the three-fold law or worse ten-fold.
Most people would like to get even with someone (at least once in a lifetime), although most wouldn't admit it. Belief in the laws above is why Wiccans rarely, if ever, do negative spells. "ALWAYS WORK IN THE LIGHT" is a wise suggestion.

Great read, Easily understood, with Visual descriptions abound.

Of course, this is Not unexpected from one of the Greatest Writers on the ATS!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar

"I love you baby.."
"I love you baby"...

Nice touch AD.

I wonder if Trista gave any thought to the three-fold law or worse ten-fold.
Most people would like to get even with someone (at least once in a lifetime), although most wouldn't admit it. Belief in the laws above is why Wiccans rarely, if ever, do negative spells. "ALWAYS WORK IN THE LIGHT" is a wise suggestion.

Great read, Easily understood, with Visual descriptions abound.

Of course, this is Not unexpected from one of the Greatest Writers on the ATS!

Hence my disclaimer there MountainStar. I certainly don't want anyone fooling around with black magic.
Thank you so much for your compliments. I don't know about greatest writer, but I do enjoy writing and sharing my stories when I get inspired.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow !!!! Great story ya've got there Lori

Some of my relatives are into the black magic stuff .... as for me ..... I'm too scared to research into it LOL

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve-o
Wow !!!! Great story ya've got there Lori

Some of my relatives are into the black magic stuff .... as for me ..... I'm too scared to research into it LOL

Hey Steve! Thanks buddy.
There's no need to fear research into it. Just don't try anything unless you know what you are doing. And the cardinal rule is truly, not to wish harm on others, as it will come back to you tenfold.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
My only reason for bumping this is that Iam wondering why it isn't listed in the short story forum with the others for the contest?
There is another story by another member that should be placed there as well.
Thanx.
AD

new topics

top topics

join