It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Life Advocates and Death Penalty Supporters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ok i've used the phrase pro-life in my thread title, i used it because it's the term most people are used to however i think it's a rediculous phrase. Everyone is pro-life, it's for or against abortion that you should call yourself, but anyway that isn't my main point.

I've found quite often that people who are against abortion seem to be for the death penalty. Isn't that a massive contradiction? It usually seems to be the religious who show this complete contradiction. You see them with their banners supporting death penalty sentencing and then see them with the anti abortion banners.

I am not saying everyone is like that, just quite a few are out there and if there are any on this website with such opposing views i would be interested in hearing why you hold them.

Note this isn't about people who are for the death penalty, and it isn't for those who are against abortion, it is for people who support both of these ideas simultaneously.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The response I've seen to this question is that someone on death row has proven they have no right to life, while a fetus hasn't had that chance.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Ok i've used the phrase pro-life in my thread title, i used it because it's the term most people are used to however i think it's a rediculous phrase. Everyone is pro-life, it's for or against abortion that you should call yourself, but anyway that isn't my main point.

I've found quite often that people who are against abortion seem to be for the death penalty. Isn't that a massive contradiction? It usually seems to be the religious who show this complete contradiction. You see them with their banners supporting death penalty sentencing and then see them with the anti abortion banners.

i dont think this is a contradiction at all. and everyone is not prolife as you have stated. if you kill babies at will you are not pro-life. i think its reduclious that people want to kill babies. but cant seem to find it in their harts to want to kill a grown person who has taken it apon themselfs to decide to end anothers life. that is contradiction. my friend. this is where you loss all credit with me..

the death penalty is not a pro-death choice either its an pro-lower captial crime rate.

[edit on 15amu92007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It's not a contradiction at all.On one hand you have a being that isn't even given a chance to live. It's entirely disregarded as some "object" that goes against one's lifestyle and current "wants" in life. The other hand bares someone who has every chance in life to prove itself worthy of existing and has failed to do so time and time again. Murderers, rapists, etc...

Call me "pro-life," or whatever you'd like, but I believe life starts at conception. A bean stalk isn't any less a bean stalk as a bean sprout. And call me a proponent of the death penalty, but those who are sentenced to death without a shadow of a doubt should be taken out to pasture immediately.

I always just assumed it was easy to differentiate these two concepts...

top topics

join