It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help Identifying A UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Late last night (July 4th) between 11:55 PM and 12:05 (July 5th) AM, I was on a small fishing boat out on Anchor Bay near Chesterfield, Michigan and I saw a very faint light moving at what appeared to be a very rapid speed.

I was looking up at the stars as we were moving. It was a clear night for the most part, aside from a few clouds. I was looking at the stars straight up above me and I saw this very faint light blueish light moving very quickly.

Now, this rapid speed was not because we were moving. The stars did not appear to be moving at all, yet this light was. So obviously it stuck out and caught my attention.

The light, as I said, was very faint. It didn't look faint because it was small. It looked faint because it was very high up. Obviously I don't know what its altitude was, but I'm just giving the impression that I got when I saw it. And this is not the normal airplane lights you see. This was a much smaller, less bright, and appeared to be much higher up than a normal aircraft.

Now, it should be noted that Chesterfield is right by Selfridge Air Force Base. However, I am no Air Force expert, so I do not know what aircraft they have stationed there.

So the reason I am writing this is because I would like to know from more knowledgeable people than I am what this was. I'm not claiming aliens. I would just like to know what this was.

Was the ISS passing over that area at that time? Is there some high altitude aircraft possibly stationed at that base? Any comets or meteorites or anything that were passing over at that time?

If any one can help me figure out what this was, that would be great.

I don't have pictures, so I probably won't get any responses.

EDIT: to include a link to a map of the area - Map

[edit on 7/5/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Was the ISS passing over that area at that time?

This is live tracking of the ISS if this helps you at all.

www.n2yo.com...

See, i'm nice.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Or a satellite.

Did it change course or keep steady?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Here was a pass date for July 5 at your location.

Cosmos 2219 Rocket
Magnitude 3.4
00:05:17 10° NNW
00:10:53 71° WSW
00:12:35 45° S

If you saw it pass from the NNW to the South then it most likely as this object. It is about the time you gave.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Sorry for being sarcastic, but you may not be the only one . . .

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

The object did definitely come from the Northwest and then started to make a slight turn to the South. But we were pulling in to one of the canals there and the lights made me lose track of it, so from there I didn't see where it went.

But that must be what it was. Thank you very much for that info.

top topics

join