It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO/Alien Species

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
As a pastor, I have no difficulties believing in inteligent life in other parts of the universe. In my oppinion, those religious scholars who deny the existence of such, are both deluded, and do not fully grasp the creative will, and power of God.

Point 1.

The universe is immeasurable, at least to our species, and there are countless suns contained therein. Of these suns, I would think a vast majority of them have systems in their gravity field with at least one planet capable of sustaining life.

Point 2.

This denial of extra-terrestrial life by religious folk is a throwback to the seventeenth century church theologians beleif that the Earth was both the center of our solar system, and the universe. Galieo was excomunicated by church leader`s for attempting to prove that the Earth was NOT the center of anything, but rather PART of something, and that man was not the cheif accomplishment of God`s creation, but humanoid life was. Galieo`s excomunication was not reversed until the mid 1990`s by Pope John Paul II.

It is simply Human arrogence which assumes we are God`s cheif, and only inteligent creation. Mathmaticly speaking, it makes no sense whatsoever to belive this way. Why would God create such vast, seemingly impassable space, such beauty......only to leave 99.9 percent of it empty, and unwitnessed? I do not see that happening.

Sorry, just venting. LOL

oba

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
hi there reverend pastor.

the trick now is to balance the situation of not knowing 100%, with the quest to put the small peices together into a coherent picture.

or something like that ...

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thank GOD, finanlly another Christian that has seen the light and the "error" of the "church".

As a man even with faith, the only response you should give is that we don't know and will not know until we know.

GOD is the creator and rules over all existence. Therefore you can not rule anything out for GOD's power and will is infinite.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
GOD is the creator and rules over all existence. Therefore you can not rule anything out for GOD's power and will is infinite.

Amen to that. God's power and will are infinite. Therefore, ANYTHING is possible.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
Thank GOD, finanlly another Christian that has seen the light and the "error" of the "church".

As a man even with faith, the only response you should give is that we don't know and will not know until we know.

if so we are slaves to the situations he creates and if so its not the fault of hitler that the halocaust hapen't.

so that is the reason I don't buy the crap of the church they are only interested in control and might , by manipulation.

read the bible and you will find ufo's and alien life.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
When you look at a dark sky, on a clear, moonless night; all the stars in the sky number perhaps 5000 stars at any given time. This is about the number of grains of sand in a small handful of sand. But, the number of stars in the visible universe is greater than the number of all the grains of sand on all the beaches on the face of the planet Earth.

The family of stars in which our Sun belongs is the Milky Way galaxy. The number of stars in our galaxy alone is equal to about the number of grains of sand in two large dump trucks. There are perhaps 100 billion galaxies in our universe.

We are talking about stars (suns); now consider how many planets must be among the planetary bodies. There must be life elsewhere, probability absolutely demands it.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
God didn't put the knowledge of Extraterestrial life in the bible because it would've compleatly reshaped our civilization. God did't tell us because he didn't yet want us to know, For whatever reason. Im sure knowing 2000 yrs ago would've caused alot of advent confusion and uprising. The Fermi Paradox persists, The universe is just so vast that distant intelligence hasn't become apparent yet. I believe in the theory of universal reboot. If there is another intelligent life out there, they probrably began their evolutionary processes at the same time that we did. We can't find anybody, nor show anybody that we are because we, and they, are not yet techonlogically advanced enough yet...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
if some appeared now claiming to be the reincarnation of jesus most religious people wouldnt believe it either - thats coz people arent as gullible as they were 2000 years ago, its much easier to read and beileve a book of things no one can prove wrong than to see its not true in the real world we are living in now

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
how do you know there aren't christian denominations that accept there is life on other planets?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
According to the Drake Equation, there could be at least 10,000 advanced civilizations in our galaxy alone.

www.setileague.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectgeneva
God didn't put the knowledge of Extraterestrial life in the bible because it would've compleatly reshaped our civilization. God did't tell us because he didn't yet want us to know, For whatever reason. Im sure knowing 2000 yrs ago would've caused alot of advent confusion and uprising. The Fermi Paradox persists, The universe is just so vast that distant intelligence hasn't become apparent yet. I believe in the theory of universal reboot. If there is another intelligent life out there, they probrably began their evolutionary processes at the same time that we did. We can't find anybody, nor show anybody that we are because we, and they, are not yet techonlogically advanced enough yet...

No. The chances are that any advanced life on another planet would have begun their evolutionary processes before we did, therefore they are a lot more technologically advanced than us. They could come from a planet that is two or three billion years older than Earth therefore, at the most, they could be one or two billion years more advanced than us. And just look at how much humans have advanced in just 100 years.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by RedWhiteBlue]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Intelligent life most definately exists beyond our world. Unfortunately Human Beings still hold the idea of believing they are the only ones out there with knowlege.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue

Originally posted by projectgeneva

No. The chances are that any advanced life on another planet would have begun their evolutionary processes before we did, therefore they are a lot more technologically advanced than us. They could come from a planet that is two or three billion years older than Earth therefore, at the most, they could be one or two billion years more advanced than us. And just look at how much humans have advanced in just 100 years.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by RedWhiteBlue]

Agreed with RedWitheBlue. Or at least in a good part.

We have so far determined that the star formation process is common in the universe, and that planet formation around stars is also common.

The oldest planet ever found orbiting a star is 13 billion years old, which is far older that our own sun is. (This planet is a gazeous giant though)

Considering this data, it is not impossible to find civilizations 1 or 2 billions of years older than us. Just as it is not impossible neither to find some lifeforms that would just be at their beginnings, like the very first bacteria formed on earth. Of course, we cannot go there and find them now, and obviously they cannot either.

We, as earthlings, are definitely far older than some, and far younger than some others.

We will reach a point in time where we will also find younger civilizations, and be considered far more older and advanced.

I personnaly don't believe in any kind of god, but rather think that the human needs some abstraction in his mind to stand and "explain" things not fully understood. If there is a "god", it is only the force of nature itself, creating galaxies, stars, planets, life, destroying them in cataclysmic star explosions, novaes, etc.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
A friend from church and I did a little bit of research in the bible last year and found a part when Elijah was walking up the mountain and he saw 3 huge discs... Then creatures came out of them. I'll try to find the Passage.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
How can the church not believe in Aliens? Its very clear when reading the bible with an open mind that "Visitors" from other worlds came here and played god. How else can you explain it all?

Besides the Vatican acknowledged the existence of aliens several years back in an interview.
www.ufoindia.org...

He said they were " not to be feared nor demonized by the Church".

That statement was in the newz very very briefly... just like all the other things...I could post forever on 1 day news stories that mysteriously vanish.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by ixRAZORxi]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ixRAZORxi
How can the church not believe in Aliens? Its very clear when reading the bible with an open mind that "Visitors" from other worlds came here and played god. How else can you explain it all?

Besides the Vatican acknowledged the existence of aliens several years back in an interview.
www.ufoindia.org...

He said they were " not to be feared nor demonized by the Church".

That statement was in the newz very very briefly... just like all the other things...I could post forever on 1 day news stories that mysteriously vanish.

ixRAZORxi

Thank you for posting that link. I was very happy when that was on the news and I am glad it is kept alive.

My son was kicked out of catholic school when certain other parents around town started finding out that our family has experiences with alien life. The principal claimed that I did not pay his tuition and told us my son was not welcome back for the following year. All it took was some prejudiced complaints about nothing and we were treated horribly as outcasts. I could have fought it but I did not want my son in catholic school any more after that.

A priest friend from another parish had already assured me that it is not against my religion to believe in life on other planets. But I said, sure it's ok to believe in God too, but see what happens if you go around claiming that you meet him in person.

I still respect my religion because I believe it's only a reflection of man anyway, and I know it will just continue to evolved with us. But because of my own experiences I have a view of life much broader than what my religion teaches me. Religion is not God.

All the races of people in the known Universes believe in the one same God, creator of all life. But advanced races have advanced understanding of nature and spirit. They do not have the dogma or superstition we do, but some of them used to in their own beginnings. It seems that the more advanced a young race becomes, the more simple and natural their understanding of God becomes.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by EarthSister]

top topics

join