It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion: ATS Website Known Bugs Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think it would be a good idea to have a single stickied thread for summarizing and discussing the little 'quirks' with the ATS website implementation.

You know -- things like YouTube links not working correctly in preview mode, 'Reply To' not working properly if the URL ends with an apostrophe, [size=] tags working in preview but not sometimes not in actual posts, problems with draft posts, etc.

All of these nitpicks have probably been discussed before, but there's no one single thread where you can look to find mention of them, without having to search.

And some of these issues are really minor, and probably don't deserve a thread of their own. For example, the [size=] tag issue -- an odd strangeness that caused me to have to edit a post, but not really a major issue.

If some beneficent moderator could keep the first post of the thread up-to-date, perhaps as a list of known issues, and workarounds (if any), that would be great. It would serve as a one-stop place for new members to read about little puzzling things they might encounter, and as a valuable resource to the tireless souls who actually maintain and improve the ATS implementation.

Also, it would allow moderators to summarily close threads with a snarky "Already mentioned in the ATS Website Known Bugs Thread. Please continue the discussion at the above linked thread. Thank you. Thread closed." I know they really get a kick outa doing that sometimes.
Right now they have to say, "hey you could have found someone already posted a thread about this if you'd searched for the phrase 'blah blah'", which sounds a little weak.

PS: I was just searching to see if someone had suggested this before, and I discovered that the 'Board Business & Questions' forum isn't in the list of specific forums you can search in the Thread Title search function.
for irony.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Excellent suggestion. The owner of another forum I used to frequent made such a thread and it came in handy. Like you said, it is a one stop place to mention minor glitches that don't deserve their own threads or a submission using the suggestion form. I've noticed a few glitches on ATS but never really knew who to go to and didn't want to bug any of the staff about it.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
the (size=) and (color=) and (align=) tags will not work as long as there as "special" characters between the begin and end tags

; ' " : etc

I dont know if its a bug or not, but it is rather annoying when you're going for "visually" appealing material

join