It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man saves drowning bear,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I just thought this was an amazing story with one of them photos that just make you think..

A 375-pound black bear was spotted in a neighbourhood in Florida; it was tracked and found under a beach front house thought to be cooling off,

Officials who where trying to get the bear and get it to safety shot a tranquiliser but it did not work as quick as they had hoped, This made the bear get up and run, It ran to the water and started to loose feeling due to the Tranquiliser, Biologist Adam Warwick tried to get the bear to come back to the shore but as it stood in the water on its hind legs it fell backwards, Biologist Adam Warwick thought no more of it and jumped right in to save the great bear! He walked bare feet over concrete blocks and managed to get the bear in to a Truck of some form,

The bear was taken to a national park and released,

Amazing eh! What a good news story, Warms the heart,

Link to story

[edit on 3-7-2008 by asala]

[edit on 3-7-2008 by asala]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Man he jumped in and saved it ??

Thats awesome. He should get a bravery pay rise... for sure!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Great stuff. I think I would do the same.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this alasa, we need some nice news every now and then.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This guy's my new hero for the day. Bears are cool, I'd try to save one too

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You know whats nice? That many of you say you would do the same,

That shows what true hearts you have,
Something sometimes we feel is lost in this day and age, Gives us a little hope,

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Ah thanks

I think being nice to animals is one step towards a more beautiful world.

It's always nice to hear nice things.

The negativity of the world in the news can cause one depression and sadness, but all I have to do is look at my cats for example, how cute and innocent they are, and it makes me feel all better.
Animals and nature really are important for our world happiness too, sometimes people forget that.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
That is just awesome! I love animals and would love to say that I'd do the same thing given the chance. But the truth is that I've got Legends of The Fall induced bear trauma and I guess it'd all come down to just how big, and seemingly angry said endangered bear happened to be!

That guy really showed heart and bravery!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Bears make the world a better place.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That's nice.. sweet and brave...

I would like to think I would go in after it... but the claws and teeth on that biggen would make me feel a wee bit reluctant.

If I had people to help me carry it out then I would, as long as the paws stayed well away from me..

x

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Oni x x

Yes one would have to be careful, and try to read it's body language if it's being defensive or not, , if it's really scared, it might try to protect itself.
But they did say it had already been shot with the drug, so that would help.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Glad to hear they saved the bear and didn't let it drown.

Bears have been designated a threatened species here in Florida.

Florida Black Bear: A Threatened Species

It's rare to ever even see one. I've lived in Florida for 30 years now and have yet to actually see a bear. Seen just about everything else though, panthers, hogs, gators, eagles, turkeys, foxes, ...., but never a bear.

They are very rare indeed and I'm glad this bear didn't end up drowning.

[edit on 7/4/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Great and sweet story Asala

It gave me the warm fuzzie wuzzies
With alll the bad news around us all the time, we need stories like this to remind us that humans, most of them, are caring creatures when it comes to an act of heroism such as this.

I actually think most people react even QUICKER to save an animal then they do when a human is in trouble...since an animal is more helpless...

I have seen fireman give mouth to mouth to people's pets that they risk their lives to rescue, knowing there's no human inside the burning building but still risking their lives to go inside and rescue the burning home owner's pets and resuscitating them....

Great story thanks Asala

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join