It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcanic Engery Plants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
We have a huge power source to tap into!!

Volcano's could provide amazing power and with little intrusion into the actual volcanic crust it wouldn't even be that difficult or risky.

I'm not talking about a fully staffed plant.... more like an autonomous factory.

Here's how we'd do it:

-Ceramic powder filled tubes would be drilled into the molten flow, and allowed to heat up intensely. These ceramic tubes would then transfer the heat to water, which would then convert to steam. This drives turbines, thus making an enormous amount of electrical power!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I thought of this same idea about 4 years ago, then I stumbled across something called "geothermal power".

en.wikipedia.org...

images.google.com...

It's a genius idea that people keep ignoring. It could pretty much save the world, but I don't know if the people with the big money actually want to save the world.

I wish I was a billionaire like Bill Gates, I would own a couple geothermal plants already.

THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS UP! IT NEEDS TO BE TALKED ABOUT!

As of 2007, geothermal power supplies less than 1% of the world's energy.[3]

This solution seems to dwarf nuclear power plants, yet we don't see anyone implementing it.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well some day when it's cheaper to do the Geothermal route we can finally free ourselves from so much dependance on oil. The most active geothermal resources are found long the plate boundaries where earthquakes and volcanoes are. This is because magma typically comes close to the earth's surface near these plate boundaries. Otherwise you'll have to drill into the earth's mantle. Anyone have a 25 mile (40 km) drill bit??

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

For $500 BILLION (cost of iraq war) I would dig 25 miles through the Earth's crust with a SPOON by MYSELF!

Heck, I can go to the nearest hardware store and hire illegal immigrants to do it for 1 billion!

Money
I think there is other issues besides money and a 25 mile long drill bit. I think its called GREED.

top topics

join