It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what happens when we all merge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
There's more multi-racial offspring then there has ever been. Fast forward a few hundred, maybe a thousand years( you know, if we survive all those rumored events ) our fingers could be longer, we'll probably be taller, have flatter faces, wider eyes, less body hair, we'll be some-what smarter, and our skin color would be a definate tone throughout. that's just my guess. even if you don't believe in evolution, you can't deny the fact that when races mix completely, the whole structure will change. what will happen to civilization and racism. how will people be individual if everyone looks the same? could dna merge to the point were almost every aspect is the same, and how would we evolve after that?
what are your thaughts on this?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well assuming nothing disastrous enough comes along and takes out all of us, civilization will continue to march along just fine. I can't imagine that it would be all that much different from now in terms of racism. Of course it wouldn't really be racism since multiple races would not exist, but I have a feeling that no matter what, human beings will always find a way to hate one another. It may be based on slight differences in skin tone, or social affiliations, but I can't imagine it would bring about peace in any way.

Individuality will remain, sure we would all look extremely similar, but who cares, people would most likely continue to have very distinct personalities, styles of clothes, what they like to do, etc.

I also imagine that there would continue to be a large amount of genetic diversity just like there currently is within any particular racial group.

Also as far as evolution goes, there is currently a debate amongst scientist concerning whether or not humanity is in a state of static evolution. Meaning there will be very little change in the human genome as opposed to a member of the equine family or some other fauna group. The reason for this is that humans no longer adapt to their surroundings, we force our surroundings to adapt to us. Which leaves little room for natural selection, and other evolutionary devices to cause us any real change.

I agree however that our craniums and brain capacity will probably increase, but other than that, I can't see much happening.

Thanks for the thread, I love hypothetical questions. Pondering hypothetical situations is a great way to increase your own intelligence. Peace out.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think by the time the races all merge completely, we'd be advanced enough to design our own bodies. So we would probably be a lot more diverse than we are now... unless everyone wants to look like a few popular celebrities, then it would be kinda weird.

join