It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space object needing identification - Nibiru?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There is an object in the constellation Leo that needs identifying. So far I haven't been able to do so and am hoping someone here can identifiy it and confirm it. Using WikiSky (www.WikiSky.org) type PGC 1427054 into the search. The object shows up as a dim reddish orange colour. Picture below.

Switching to the IRAS mode we see this from the object:

The other object that is below the unknown object has been identifed as R Leonis. I have spoken to afew people already and they say this is a type of galaxy, but they're not sure which one. However, someone on YouTube is already claiming that this object is Nibiru, link below.

www.youtube.com...

So, can anyone identify it and is it actually a type of galaxy?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I saw that video myself Venom. I to took a small interest into this object, just for nothing else than to let people know it's nothing to scarry coming to get us. I talked to the local Astologer here in the City I live in. He to agrees with the people you talked to as it looks to be nothing more than a distant galaxie, but that he has not seen it previously.

Perhaps we should give a call to Nasa or check thier website perhaps they have laready identified it for us.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I was actually going to post about this to ask any Astronomers here if they know what it might be as I know the guy who made the youtube video, he's on another forum I use for a game I play, he's kinda kooky and he's being sarcastic saying it's Nibiru lol

I too however am curious as to what this anomoly is as it sure seems strange, whilst I'm sure it's not Nibiru it would be nice to satisfy my curiosity to know what it is

[edit on 2/7/08 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

According to my source it is a galaxy, or possible Quasar. Waiting on confirmation.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hi there,

According to the legend that is Sir Patrick Moore OBE :

it is a Quasar. recently discovered. it is in the latest issue of the Sky at Night.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Thank you for that. Further investigation has led to the same.
leda.univ-lyon1.fr...

No Nibiru here, not that I was ever in doubt but just wanted the object identified and confirmed, and for me it has.

[edit on 2/7/08 by Agent Venom]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Update: This object is in fact a carbon star, called CW Leonis, located 650 lightyears away.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the infrared light spectrum, CW Leonis is the brightest star in the sky after our own star, the Sun. The aging star is estimated to be somewhere between 1.5 and 4 times the mass of our Sun.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Is this by any chance the same star or galaxy that others have seen ´circling´ the moon?
In that thread many referred to Nibiru too.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join