It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey faces disturb me....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have posted this because ever since I was a kid I can't look at the faces of the so called "Greys"...It's one of the only things in the world I'm scared of and I had to face death at a young age. Even when they're pictured in a friendly way. This is a deep problem for me being an ATS poster. I have to cover up all the alien avatars. My mouth drops and I literally go into mild shock when I see one....something dark begins to lurk in the surface of my mind, it send chills down my spine....then I start to get sweaty and HAVE TO turn away. Is this a normal psychological reaction? Anyone else get this way or overcome something like this?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
there is nothing to fear.
just look at the pictures and try to get over the fear.
i have a fear of spiders but now i am able to let them crawl on me, how did i do it?
i forced my self to look at spider sites and when ever i saw one i would not kill it.
i guess that might. i hope you don't mind i am going to post a picture of a carton alien,
i am hoping you wont be afraid.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by miguelbmx]

[edit on 1-7-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I wouldn't fear them because of their size, they don't seem very strong either.

even if they were able to do some "jedi mind tricks" I still don't think they would have a chance.

You might have had a bad experience in the past but that does not make all aliens. (if they would exist) bad

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

i dont know why, but i have this thing about closet doors being open in the dark,and i have to have my feet covered when i go to sleep,no explanation really, just one of those things i guess?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I used to fear greys as a child but now I think they're kindof cute. I wish I could have one as a pal. It's not fair how so many other people get abducted but I don't.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The Grays have kinda creeped me out... but I made a Gray mask for a Halloween parade one time at school. Now they just make me think of paint... Odd story.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81

i dont know why, but i have this thing about closet doors being open in the dark,and i have to have my feet covered when i go to sleep,no explanation really, just one of those things i guess?

i have this same problem. but i cant let any of my covers hang off the bed. strange really as i am a grown man and still do this out of silly child hood fears.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
A lot of people are the same.

I have several Whitley Strieber books and I make a point of turning them over or placing them on a shelf so the cover art of an alien face can't be seen.

One of my friends in my diploma class has the same reaction, but she has seen a UFO and I (well I don't think) haven't.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

Originally posted by pureevil81

i have this same problem. but i cant let any of my covers hang off the bed. strange really as i am a grown man and still do this out of silly child hood fears.

I sort of have a combination of those - not much on having parts of my body exposed when I sleep, and not much on having stuff hanging over the bed.

And on closer observation, I should probably move my plasma-globe to a new location where it's not reflecting off of the window... that's caused me a few moments of "What .... the .... Hell...." - and even though I know what the silly thing is - it will still get me every once in a while. Scares the bejesus out of me when something makes a sound outside my window and I look up to see this strange light with glowing streamers coming off of it..... it's like in an instant you think: "Sure as hell ain't a grey... damned if I know what it is... but it's just staring at me..... what the hell am I going to do? ...... hit it? ... no... run? ... where to? .... damn! ..... oh, hey - ... it's the plasma globe.... PHEW!!!"

"Greys" freak the hell out of me. If I saw them in broad daylight, and with about five others around me, I wouldn't be so freaked out.... but if I woke up in the middle of the night and saw them in my room - they had better have me paralyzed REALLY well, or the whole dang room will be flying at them and people in the next county will be calling the Sheriff about a domestic disturbance they clearly heard. I'm sorry, I have a problem with a "they are robots to try and humanize themselves" - that's a pathetic attempt at humanizing stuff - it is like sandpaper to our instincts. Especially at night... big eyes + night = nocturnal predator = kill or be friggin' food.

Not that it is their objective to eat us - but that's what our instinctive reaction is to something like that peering in through our window. *shivers* .... Now I'm paranoid about my damned window.... especially after seeing that video of one sneaking around - faked or not, that is a scene that would have me absolutely freaking out. Ironically... I keep looking up at my window hoping to NOT see a similar scene.... I say "ironically" because I don't want to see it, yet I keep looking at the window.....

Ugh.... too many movies and "beyond bizarre" for me..... too much internet, too. And drinking about two gallons of sugar-loaded coolaid within a few hours of "bed time" probably wasn't smart, either......

But this always amazes me to analyze the fear of others, and myself - it's sort of a fascination of mine to break down the behavior of people and how they respond to certain things. I would hope aliens would be smart enough to do the same - so as to minimize "culture shock" between us and them. Apparently the Greys either don't care to, or royally suck at making themselves appear "less scary" to the beings they encounter - or perhaps we are an exception. Either way - it seems that many people seem to have an innate fear of something resembling the "greys" - which makes me wonder how much of their description comes from actual experience, and how much comes from peculiar dreams and/or dream-like states that build off of primal fears that we have. Let's face the facts - not all abductions are truly abduction cases, they are figments of our own mind - very real to the person (they 'actually' experience what they are 'dreaming'), they are not necessarily induced by aliens (or are actual experiences under partial consciousness that later become marred by our own imaginations that fill in gaps or features based on primal fears, etc.)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I used to be really scared of them but now Im not, since discussing this very subject on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I think I could just about face one now.

Why are we scared to look into those eyes? Because the truth is hidden from us, we only are told half the story because we need to be controlled. What better way to control us than not tell us the truth. I refuse to be scared any longer of these creatures or any other ET. Yer if a six foot reptile started running towards me I may be slightly scared
but until that happens I whont be lying awake waiting.

Their eyes are so dark ,emotionless, non caring, scanning and dead. Look beyond this and the fear will go, look into those eyes with immense love and light and I think you'll find they whont be half as scary as before. Sometimes when I feel some sort of abduction/visitation coming on I open my heart chakra ( chakras are used in meditation, we have 7 main ones) and radiate out universal love and light. I find the fear goes instantly as love is stronger than fear and will always over power fear.

It is said greys feed off human fear, dont give them what they want.

Also on my grey thread it has been revealed that greys like to eat strawberry ice cream via some undercover agents, well if that information isnt enough for you to loose your fear of them nothing will.

new topics

top topics

join