It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar X Prize. Moon theorists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I am new to ats and was wondering if anyone here has heard of the x prize. It is basically a private oranization that is in no way tied to the governement. Its goal is to get private organizations to make advances in technology without the help of the government in order to have the technologies sought out in a more efficient and less expensive way. There has already been one x prize which was to send a man into orbit around earrth which was succesfully completed by virgin mobile. The next one is called the lunar x prize and teams have already signed up. The goal of this x prize is to put a lander on the moon. Do you guys think that this could expose some of the supposed hidden bases on the moon if it is no way tied to the government. even if the craft does not land by any structures I have heard john lear say that the moon in fact does have an atmosphere and that the sky was blue so this would at least expose that if it was true. I was wondering what your thoughts were about this.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, proflonghair07!

I suggest you start by using the Search button.

It works, and it can save you from the trouble of creating threads that are duplicates of other, existing, threads.

In this case, I have seen some threads about the Lunar X Prize, but I think I have seen them on what I think is the most appropriate forum, the Space Exploration forum.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
i just went and looked and didnt see any thing about the x prize and im still curious so people should still reply

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I thought there were more threads about it, but I could only find two.

Google sponsors 30-million-dollar prize for moon shot

NASA, X Prize Foundation Shoot For the Moon...

top topics

join