It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 will end the quest for many people.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
If 2012 comes and goes and the world is essentially the same, then I will finally come to the conclusion that most prophetic material is unworthy of our attention.

I listened to a lot of erroneous predictions that said very big things would happen in the few years before the new century started, and it didn't happen. I've read a long history of unsuccessful prophesy, and it doesn't make me confident that the 2012 predictions are a good bet to happen.

But I will keep an open mind until history tells me the truth about 2012.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by droid56
But I will keep an open mind until history tells me the truth about 2012.

And that is the only way to go
, the whole 2012 thing won't be something happening over night btw so if it happens you will notice it soon enough. Only problem is that we are in the aquarium where it all happens and that is the same like a lobster being in a pan with cold water where you slowly increase the heat, the lobster won't notice anything untill it dies because it happens so slowly.

Now isn't it the same as how this will happen to us but it does have some similarities. We have the advantage that we have a sense of self and past presence and future where we can correlate our lives to and compare.

Ask your parents if everything was so fast as when they where young, ask your grandparents if things where so fast as when they where young and there will be a 'No' most likely. Seeing the economy going into a state of self-devouring, and seeing the politicians not even being covert in their deciet anymore (or people picking it up quicker). Other things coming together while pointing to the near future are a heads up for me that our "aquarium" is indeed being heated up, let's hope we don't get boiled

new topics

join