It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WINDOWS server 2008 experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hey i decided to try out server 2008 and share some of my experiences with it for you guys.

first of all let me say that this is the first time i'm running a server OS so i dont know exactly what i'm doing, secondly this OS so far rocks, and last but not least its not perfect.

ok so getting the thing to allow websites and the aero theem to work was not so hard, but getting my soundcard to work has been frustrating so far.

i have a sound blaster pro 2 live audigy blah blah blah so apparently the vista drivers are not out yet since those are the only ones that would work . i cant install from the cd because 1 it will not run the installation program not even in compatibility mode it says there is no soundcard when i do run it.

so i got a homegrown version until creative gets off their ass

anyway thats where i am on that right now.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
ok so i'm still having issues with my sound card other than that my PC is running faster than with XP and i got everything i want from vista plus more so i will not ever be considering vista for any of my PC's not until windows 7 comes out that is.

but anyways if theres other peeople out there playing with this server lets keep some chatter going here yo

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I should have installed one of those for my company, but I haven't had the time to do it.

Windows server OSs are much better than desktop OSs, I used for some time Windows 2000 server on my computer because it was extremely stable and fast, I only changed to XP because Windows 2000 lacked some of the support for newer things (and games
).

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
ok so after much research i found that the live soundcards are no lnger being supported by creative thus there are no vista or 2008 drivers out there
so i had to find a work around and that was to first install those KX drives and then run my installation cd which will now find the hardware and intall it.

the catch is it does not intall properly and the settings are out the window so i'm stuck with deffault so i guess i'm not ever buying a card from creative again instead i will get an asus mobo thats got 7.1 integrated with my next re-build

at which time i will have my pc go FULL HD

other issues i'm having is that i'm noticing the OS slowing down now
it could be because i got several things running in the task bar but well see

new topics

top topics

join