It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is middle earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have seen all of the LOTR movies, and really liked watching them. But a question arises. What is 'middle earth'??? Is it a period in time or a place, or what? When did these damn movies take place?? Is it another planet??

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Middle Earth is the planet on which they take place...im pretty sure. If you buy the books they have maps in the back that shows you where everything is and what middle earth is exactly.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
MIddle earth would be more like a continent, than a planet, in my opinion.

It is the land of the human.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
JRR Tolkien is quoted as having said that middle Earth is actually Eurpope. The Shire is the part of the English midlands where Tolkien lived as a child, with Hobbiton being Sarehole.

Was Middle Earth Europe ?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'd agree with the Europe analogy...and believe that Middle Earth was (fictionally) referring to a time period... A time after the dinosaurs, and other prehistory occurances, yet before modern man....

This is even alluded to in the books..."Our kind are vanishing from this world, now is the time of men," etc.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Middle earth is a continent, probably Europe. It all happened in the Third Age.
If You like the films and would like to learn more read "Silmarillion". It's my favourite. Mindblowing!!!

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Middle Earth

the land on the right is Middle Earth,where the LOTR story happens, and the one on the left is the undying lands. Sauron, if he'd won, would only be in control of Middle earth, leaving the Undying lands untouched

[Edited on 5-19-2004 by KrazyIvan]

new topics

top topics

join