It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban on Gays in Ministry Lifted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Article

Forgive us Lord. For building our kingdoms. On doctrines of demons.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Good for them.

The world needs more changes like this. After all, no where does it say in the bible that homosexuals can't spread the word of god, or to preach to a gathering.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by n0b0DY
Article

Forgive us Lord. For building our kingdoms. On doctrines of demons.

Forgive us oh lord, for having our heads firmly planted in our bums, and forgoing the ways of peace and kindess in favor of bigotry and judgment.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
actually, the bible says, in new testiment and old, that homosexuallity is a sin. in MANY places, it explains clearly that a person in position of leadership that is living in sin is a hypocrite, and a danger to the flock.

to often i hear in this argument, a case for the individual persons right to be a leader. but its not about them, its about the people they are choosing to serve.

they should not get into leadership if its in ANY way about them. its about the flock.

however, i have a dear friend of mine who was gay, but he did what the bible says about ANY sin,

he repented, and lived for christ, and NOW hes an amazing teacher.

he has been set free.

just like my dad has from violence,

just like my mum has, from the horrific emotional damage from years of sexaul abuse from her father.

jesus is good.

he has saved my family, and many others.

take him seriously,

and dont water down his word.

then he works benifits that are desperatly sought after by the SAME people who do try to waterdown his word.

exalt him. and your situation; whatever your struggle, he is more than able to deal with. "we are more than conquerers through him who is christ jesus"

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mproject

sin is sin in the eyes of god

you can't weigh it, its mans idea to control how bad sin is from another

sin is sin, we all fall short of true salvation

jesus said to love everyone and why not, people are people and are his in his eyes

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
absolutly we should love people. but having a salvation thats free, and not telling people about it, simply to spare their feelings or keep the pc brigade happy, aint loving people.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Generally speaking, unless i miss the point, being in the ministry still requires vows of Chastity, right?
So... unless your saying it's a sin to be gay, then I'm not sure why you have a bee in your bonnet.
There are people who are gay, who still believe what the Bible teaches about Homosexuality, so it'snot exactly a choice for them.
And, since they are living their lives by the Bible, then I don't see why they can't be active in the Church as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
using the word "gay" as a reference to a minority isnt really accurate is it?

are the homosexuals a different breed of people?

negative, no sir they is not

you can get a black homosexual, or a white homosexual, but i dont think you get a gay coloured homosexual?

now to tackle your argument that homosexuals cannot help it.

your basically saying its genetic.
well theres problems with that because if it was hereditary then why iin almost all the cases, parents are strait?

and if there were a gay gene then, techically it should have died out.

(try and geuss why)

i understand where you are arguing from though:

i asked my friend how he thought about the 'gay gene'

and he explained that he doesnt believe its genetic
however he explained that it does develope at an early age

now its different i every individual case, but for him he said it was a mix of an over smothering mother, and a cold and distant father.

in this case he explained that he grew up craving the attention of his father, and having a negative notion toward the over-attention of women.

as he grew up and hit his teens, these feelings became intergrated into his sexual tendencies.

most homosexuals have had girlfriends, but find the whole eniviroment uncomfortable.

hope that shed some light on it, did for me i geuss

new topics

top topics

join