It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you rather get the death penalty, or spend life in prison?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well, I suppose the social issues forum is gone... and I couldn't find an appropriate forum for this, even though I'll prolly be banished to BTS.

I've pondered this question. And, I'm sure many of you have.

I personally would rather Die than spend life in prison. I think sometimes living just isn't worth it. Imagine being locked in an 10 x 6 cell with no contact and no hope to ever leave for the rest of your life? And, when you leave that cell for one hour a day, you're in danger of getting raped or beaten.

I for one... choose DEATH!

It seems like people treat the Death penalty as such a big deal. I would rather have someone who deserves it rot in prison for the next 60 years of their life, than have the luxury of a quick and painless death.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'll start it off by saying that spending time in the big hous sucks a big one. Been there guys and its nothing to look forward too. However being the optomist that i am if i were to get locked up again( all though i try very hard to stay out of there) I would choose to be a lifer over the DP. At least as a lifer you can pretty much do whatever you want and not expect any serious reprocussions... why??? because your there for life any way...
Also any time your sentance is 25 to life or 50 to life or anything to life, you automatically have a little bit of cred in the joint...... nobody will really go out of their way to mess with you.

The best solution to everything though is to just not get locked up... because it sucks.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well, I'm going to try and make sure I never have to make that choice. Seriously, I can't see myself doing a serious enough crime to warrant life or the death penalty.

If I had to choose I would take life. But, let's say I was framed and facing the death penalty or if I plead guilty I'd get life in prison. I would then not plead guilty and take my chances with the death penalty.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It depends, what crime did I do? Cuz with today's court system, people murder people and still get out some years later... and some prisons aren't that bad, they get cable, internet, 3 meals a day, medical... some of us don't even have those luxories.

I'll just follow the rules and hopefully not end up in the big house. lol.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
If those were my only two choices
i'd take the death penalty.

They put you on death row - where you're away from the gangs and the "shower scene"
they give you decent food, seperate rooms, and basically anything you want, since you're "going to die"

then - it all ends.
Life behind bars for the rest of my life?
No thank you.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It's pretty much the same choice, because so few get put to death, unless you're in Texas then do not pass go, do NOT collect parole
But I think I'd choose life in prison, for the same reason Wiggin stated he or she wanted to be on death row...I'd go crazy locked in a little room away from even murdering, pimping thieves and gang members...I say that halfway in jest...but, I'm a woman, so I can't imagine that kind of isolation.

Hopefully if I HAD to commit a crime that had a death penalty attached, I wouldn't get caught, or I could buy the best justice out there and get off like OJ

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Either one works for me. I mean there is more peace inside than out or they wouldn't keep breaking the law and going back.

But honestly, I would have no problem living in a small cell. In fact I think I am. I live in a small apt and don't go out lest I have to... peace and serenity... I know you don't see it that way though...

As far as death is concerned well, that works too, cause it's gonna happen sooner or later.

But if I had a choice I'd pick life in prison.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I dont think I'll ever make it to prison,
but hypothetically, it would depend.
If I could have books to read and internet, something to search
and wonder about, even just the Bible, I would pick life in prison.
Theres a whole world in your head.

If I wasnt aloud anything but to just sit in my cell, I would pick death.

top topics

join