It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a thought criminal!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I support Ron Paul! I think the government is responsible for the war in Iraq and they are largely in part responsible for ignoring crucial evidence that could have allowed us to prevent 9-11! I am going to be taken away! I don't care if they get me. Just by thinking I have committed thought crime. Ron Paul is their enemy. I also think the government is responsible for high gas prices. The CIA, the FBI, and the NSA is going to take me away! They're going to lock me in the ministry of love. I just know it. That they will do it for what I've done. I accept my fate. There is nothing I can do to go against it.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Wait, you mean you're just going to let them?

At least bag a few of them before they take you out.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

No, of course I wouldn't let them do that to me. But, like, what if the Bush administration was more like Big Brother? I don't think our society has degenerated to that level yet. We are allowed to think. We are still allowed to have our opinion.

I'm not going to go to jail for thought-crime just yet. Maybe I'll join the spy league. Did you know you're supposed to have contradicting thoughts and if you think clearly that you're committing thought-crime (in a big brother society)?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

OH MY GOD!!! Run - Now!!! Go to Canada to the Yukon Territory and live with the Inuit's!!! They will never find ya there!!! Or, move to downtown LA, whichever is easier.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Does anyone get the reference I am making to George Orwell's book 1984? It's a good thing that George W Bush isn't Big Brother and that at least Bush hasn't taken away what makes us human.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yes we get it. When I grew up it was mandatory reading in school, along with Animal Farm. I'd imagine nearly everyone here has read it at some time.

The UK most closely resembles it today I would guess. We are not far behind.

If you can't have a good laugh at Big Brother, who can ya laugh at?

[edit on 6/25/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I forgot to mention and you may have missed it in the news a few days ago; Ron Paul officially dropped out of the race. I think he was considering supporting Barr.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Of course the government is responsible for Iraq. They are responsible for everything that happens to America! But do we hold them responsible? Do we vote them out of office? Do our votes even count? When it all comes down to the beginning; who voted the politicians in office? Who passed this bill & that bill? Who said we needed more spending? Who said we needed to go to war? Who said we needed no child left behind? Did we the people do that by casting our votes? or did everything happen without our consent? Who's responsible? It sounds like you did, no! you voted us in! kind of deal. Term limits is the only way to keep these criminals from getting better at their profession, while doing the peoples will.

new topics

top topics

join