It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sigillu encrypted phones.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
First of all let me say that:
a) I'm simply fascinated by new technology and have no great secrets. Well maybe one or two.
b) I have no association with Sigillu or their products.

I was reading about warrantless government wiretaps so it occurred to me to do a search to find out if there was technology out there that one could use to protect ones self, for practical reason or simply out of principle.
So I ran into this company called sigillu.
Their splash page notes the following:

Sensitive information shared through cell phone conversations can be targeted by illegal surveillance activities. Basic security countermeasures can mitigate this risk and protect your privacy

And the offer AES 256 top secret encryption software on Nokia phones for about $1500.

I just wanted to find out if any one has used this or a similar product and whether you would consider purchasing it if it weren't cost prohibitive?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
A little more research reveals that their firmware protects against IMSI-catchers

They claim:

No modern hacking/decryption techniques are capable of decrypting the signal in any way. Even the mathematicians who developed the encryption algorithms are not capable of decrypting your secure calls and messages.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Looks pretty interesting. I don't know if I could trust that particular company/business model, but it would be nice to see a developer implement something similar on open phones like the OpenMoko (www.openmoko.com...)

join