It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Severed Link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This may be somewhat related to a few other threads already posted here. See what you think...

So here's the deal. My dream self does not readily reflect my waking self. But it goes a bit beyond that. I can go to sleep after the most intense meditation. I can be vibrating all over and just feel at one with everything. But when I wake up I'm back to what I can best describe as the null zone. I'm back to the default self.

And my dreams in no way reflect this higher perspective I've been working on maintaining during the waking state. It seems that the subconscious just will not catch up with the conscious. This is the subconscious that is supposed to be getting insane amounts of information that the conscious just can't process. It's the part that sees everything and records everything. But yet it doesn't reflect all the work I've done on myself over the years. Why does the subconscious seem to be stuck at the level of child? This thing should be far surpassing my waking state mentality. Something don't smell right there.

So I propose the severed link theory. It's not a new theory from what I've studied. There have been those that stated the pineal gland is the link between our physical and energy bodies (aka conscious and subconscious minds respectively). And some have said that fluoride hardens this gland which dulls the link between the two. I personally think it's a bit more nefarious than that. And these personal thoughts come from some personal experience that can best be described as 'personal proof'. Since it's not something I can prove to another I'll not get too specific and just work with our commonalities in experience with this phenomenon.

So my proposed severed link theory has to do with an artificially induced break between the two minds. I'm thinking some sort of technology that can break this link and keep us from getting the full benefit of our subconscious self.

This would seem to require some level of individual attention. There are those that would say "what makes you think you are so special to get individualized attention". Here's the thing. I'm no more special than anyone else and I would never think that. Let me use an analogy.

Let's say there's a cowboy resting on the fence looking over his flock of cows. (Heard of cows? Of course, I've heard of cows.) A cow suddenly crashes the fence and starts to escape. Does the cowboy say, "Oh well, that isn't Marty my favorite cow so I'll just let it go". Hellz, no. That cowboy jumps on his high horse and rounds the little bugger up.

Or, let's say you open your refrigerator and your fried chicken dinner jumps out and starts running for the door. Do you say, "that fried chicken ain't special so I'll just let it go". Hellz, no. You chase that fried chicken down and put it back in with your yellow rice (which luckily hasn't moved). And then you go see a mental doctor because no one should be seeing fried chicken running around.

My point is that individualized attention does not make one special. It just means you're trying to escape your human coop and something ain't liking it. If your food starts running off you are going to do everything you can to get it back. And when you do, you'll implement additional safeguards so it don't go running off again. Like the cowboy might decide to put up an electric fence or something.

I propose this to be one of those safeguards to keep humans from flying the coop.

Edit: To make my silly cow joke more apparent.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by OmniVersal]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hm, never thought about it like that
Maybe because in my dream i can get pretty psycho at times, killingsprees included but never made the connection with my waking life where i won't hurt anybody.

Could be because in the daily life the world at large is much more violent than i could ever be and we soak it up via ATS, TV, Movies etcetera. But i'll test it out in regard with dreaming on my vacation where i will get a total media blockage being on a camping without any of the media we are used to and just chilling on an inflatable bed on a lake somewhere.

Anyway, sometimes i have nice dreams where i just help people ( giving flying courses and stuff like that
), have deep and meaningfull talks and the whole shabam. But yeah, mostly i'm just running through the whole thing like a headless chicken. My drinkingwater does not contain fluoride btw so that problem is relatively small.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Cool, let us know how it turns out.

The severed link would also block psychic abilities, remove viewing, and astral projection.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OmniVersal

I will, and i'll take my mediaplayer with me with headphones and the Astral CD companion on it. So yeah, it could be very interesting outside of the brunt of the radiation, distraction etc. of everyday life.

top topics

join