It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival of a sitx ( CIVIL UNREST ), Preparation thinking.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red
Hi Guys and Gals,

Interesting thread, I'm also in the UK. Problem with this country is that panic buying of stuff seems to become a self fulfilling prophecy. The media hype the situation, tell people not o panic but it has completely the opposite effect.

There have been some real changes in this country since the 70's which would make the type of situation we are discussing far worse than anyone could possibly imagine.

There is no sense of community anymore, the selfish attitude of British culture today would leave supermarket shelves empty in hours not days.

Don't think your garden is safe, it won't be people will be out to get anything they can for themselves.

This island is too small the woods and forests will be full of people with the same idea as you!

If there really was a situation like this I can see a form of marshal law being implemented.

Oh, btw I am prepared too, tins, rice, dried goods that dont need heat etc Emergency bag, several guns (legal of course) and plenty of ammo....!

MR

I would'nt really worry to much about Martial Law being implemented in the UK, especially outside the cities. There are'nt enough of the Military to go around and all the hardass troops are on operations.

You never know, that Channel Tunnel could be a blessing, everyone may leave the UK to forage/live in France.

As for the sense of community, I suppose it does depend on in which part of the UK you live in. I live on a 'sleepy' little Island and things dont change much here. In fact most of them are my relatives

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

ALWAYS good advice from you Lloyd. I have done this multiple times. Most recently for 7 days. I dare anyone to do it. It's a real eye opener for sure.
Reading books and websites is fine, but for preparation, nothing beats experience.

Thanks AD, and you're right, nothing beats experience. It's like going on a picnic and discovering you forgot to pack eating utensils or the ice for the drinks. It kinda ruins the whole experience for everybody.

[edit on 6/28/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Interesting topic, I posted a thread a couple of days ago regarding what constitutes adequate planning & preperation for SitX and what would be classed as slightly over the top. I also live in the UK and personally I'm not sure that even if martial law was declared here that it would actually be successful. Going back to my previous thread, most people said that its best to plan for specifics i.e. you can't actually plan for the unknown, you need to take into consideration what you are planning for and consider every possibility. If you live in a flood danger zone then it makes sense to have sandbags, knowing where to turn the electricity off etc I think its a good idea to have all the essentials covered i.e. have a good basic stockpiling of food & water, have knowledge of the local area and places you could go to in the event of trouble, some means of defending yourself is a must in my oppinion. Obviously, the more skills, techniques and knowledge you accumulate the better prepared you are going to be!

In regards to food shortages then the best thing you can do is, as already mentioned, stock pile food but also learn how to grow your own - it'll make you more independent and you might even enjoy it! You could even go one step further and get a couple of chickens and other animals, thats preparation!

Also, I strongly believe you should have a backup plan and some means of defending yourself, if civil unrest does occur due to food shortages and the situation gets that bad - then people are going to start stealing from each other (by using force if nescessary)

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Death_Kron]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What is SITX? Can anyone fully enlighten me on what this SITX stuff is all about?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
What is SITX? Can anyone fully enlighten me on what this SITX stuff is all about?

SITX = Situation X or written another way - an ''unknown emergency situation/scenario''

If you look to the top of the Survival Forum, you will see a stickied thread describing ''Classes and Catagories of Situation X''. Have a look there at the posts of the descriptions of possible Situation X.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join