It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Improvement since Saddam's demise.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I was wondering since the demise of Saddam Hussein where has all the improvements been that we are all hearing of? Well, I will tell you who has felt these improvements. It has effected the most important people in the world. War profiteers should not only be fired but shot! David Lesar is the CEO of Halliburton and he is earning a major paycheck, while soldiers are out there earning crap in order to feed their families. Not to mention they have a high chance of being killed or injured.

WASHINGTON, Sept. 15 (HalliburtonWatch.org) -- War and skyrocketing oil prices have been good to Halliburton's CEO David Lesar, whose stock in the company increased by an estimated $78 million since the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003, a HalliburtonWatch analysis reveals.

In March 2003, the first month of the Iraq invasion, corporate disclosure records show Lesar owned 1.476 million common shares and share options in Halliburton worth $30 million. At the end of stock trading yesterday, those shares were worth $93 million, for a $63 million gain. Subsequent to the Iraq invasion, Lesar boosted his total holdings in the company from $93 million to $108 million by acquiring a net 243,000 additional shares, thereby increasing his stock holdings by $78 million since March 2003.
Halliburton Watch

That is just one CEO of many that are being paid by your taxpayer dollars. What is being done about it? Nothing, they just keep getting paid more and more. Out of an estimated $600 billion spent on the war on Iraq there have been no improvements at all. It is worse now then when Saddam was president. Let me show you the statistics of how much "better" it is now.

US soldiers dead - 4091
Soldiers injured - 30333
Iraqi deaths - 650,000+(note: That no one keeps counts of how many die only estimates.)
Contractors - 435+

Many families have fled Iraq and ran to Syria. Out of 34,000 physicians 12,000 have fled. The children are being abandoned by their families because they have illnesses and with not too many doctors around, well let us just say they are left to fend for themselves. This story broke my heart:

BAGHDAD, 21 November 2007 (IRIN) - Nine-year-old Faleh Muhammad was abandoned by his family in April 2006. He was left to fend for himself in the streets of Baghdad, and later he was diagnosed with leukaemia.

“I miss my mother… in the last days before they left me, she was very sad. One day I woke up in the morning to find my father and mother had disappeared,” Faleh said.

“We were living in an abandoned building near Hay Jamia’a District with three other families. I asked them about my parents and they told me they had left. So I had to work to be able to eat because those families couldn’t feed me,” he said.
More

I had a phone call from my mothers friend who still lives in Baghdad today. People in America have it made. In Iraq they get 1-2 hours of electricity if they are lucky. Water only runs for about 5-10 minutes every 3-4 days. If you can't get water then tough luck. She told me they had no water and it was about 40 degrees C. There is a lot of violence over food and water and there is always fear of being kidnapped for being Christian.

This war has cost too much! It is estimated that the war will cost about $84 B to $500 B to fix. You think the people who destroyed it will fix it? Nope. They can try to fix it but then they will find another way to destroy it again.

It is too bad George Bush and his little puppies aren't charged for war crimes like the Nazi's. If you are pro war then please find a good reason to continue this outrageous war. This war was started based on lies, and it continues to be fueled by lies. The people of America are eating out of Bush's hands and are enjoying it. I know how unpopular Bush is, but if people really hated him they would have taken action long before the country became messed up!

One economist from America's Yale University predicted rebuilding Iraq could cost up to $1.6 trillion over 10 years.

But the final cost of rebuilding a battered Iraq will depend on how quickly the country manages to get back on its feet -- it does after all have the second largest oil reserves in the world, and a fertile agricultural economy.
CNN

After the U.S. invasion of Iraq, the United States took control of all of the Iraqi government’s bank accounts, including the income from oil sales. The United Nations approved the financial takeover, and President Bush vowed to spend Iraq’s money wisely. But now critics are raising serious questions about how well the United States handled billions of dollars in Iraqi oil funds.
MSNBC

Technically, Iraq does not control the flow of their oil. So Bush can spend all the money on a brand new watch and no one would hear about it.

In a series of reports on U.S. management of the oil money, auditors working for the United Nation's Iraq Advisory and Monitoring Board and the Inspector General of the Coalition Provisional Authority found:

* Insufficient controls
* Missing records
* Two sets of books at Iraq's Finance Ministry, which did not match

In one example of insufficient controls, the United States stored hundreds of millions of oil dollars in a vault in a Baghdad palace. Government auditors found that the key to the vault was kept “unsecured” — in a U.S. official’s backpack.

And they label Iraqi's the bad guys! The war should have ended there, Bush and his war profiteers should have been kicked out of office long ago! They have done nothing but destroy a country, overpay people out of your money and the Iraqi peoples, and help kill many people!

This whole war is a scam. When will people wake up and realize that?
This war was designed to make the class gap even wider. What is a better way to give tax money to corporate giants? Make a war and over charge for everything. Yup, Halliburton got the idea!

A former Halliburton employee told Senate Democrats in Washington, D.C., on Friday that the firm routinely wastes public money in Iraq. Henry Bunting, who purchased supplies for Halliburton in Kuwait last summer, said the company spent too much on supplies for the reconstruction effort, in part because it wanted to avoid seeking competitive bids from different suppliers.

For a firm with $9 billion in reconstruction contracts, the amounts Bunting discussed weren't much -- including $5.50 for each monogrammed towel when Halliburton could have spent $1.60, leases for cars and SUV's that ran up to $7,500 per month.
Source

DeYoung produced documents detailing alleged waste even on routine services: $50,000 a month for soda, at $45 a case; $1 million a month to clean clothes — or $100 for each 15-pound bag of laundry.

"That money could have been used to take care of soldiers," she said.

DeYoung also claims people were paid to do nothing. Mike West says he was one of them. Paid $82,000 a year to be a labor foreman in Iraq, West claims he never had any laborers to supervise. "They said just log 12 hours a day and walk around and look busy," he said. "OK, so we did."
MSNBC

I am positive nothing will happen to Bush and his puppies. The winners always go down as the good guys in history!

new topics

join