It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circle decoded by astrophysicist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
A retired astrophysicist saw the photo of a UK crop cirlcle and has decoded it.

He said the crop pattern 'clearly shows' the first ten digits of pi, which - as many will remember from their schooldays - is used to calculate the area of a circle using the formula Pi r squared.

Link to Daily Mail Online article

I found this very interesting, any opinions?

1. Could this same technique be applied on other crop circles too?
2. Does this increase the possibility of the crop circle being made by aliens?
3. If made by aliens, what would be the purpose of such a markings? To establish a common language (mathematics)?

-A

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
it's a crop CIRCLE, of course it's going to include reference to Pi !

joking aside, your third point is a decent hypotheosis. Maybe we should start making our own crop circles to contact them, near the ones "they" supposedly created. Another point of note is that this could be just that, a circle created by us to try and contact THEM, a fact not known by the scientist in question? interesting post but has it been mentioned before...?

Kazí,

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

that is very interesting and this is cerainly one of the more fascinating crop circle i have seen

however i have also seen and read much on crop circles being made by pranksters with 2x4's stomping forward thought the fields making elaborate designs, while i am not here to debunk- what signifigance does the man-made possibility lend to the theory if any.

but on topic- the three circles certainly can be 3...and the notches in the following rings can be a number somwhere in the 360 degree scale...

but just like the Pyramid and Pi association. wheels were used to run out the length of the pyramid so Pi would be in their dimensions, just as a crop circle is a circle and Pi will always show up in its analysis

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I saw that someone anonymous posted here, but I cant see the post, why is that?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
could this be a sign that pi is the answer to unlimited energy? i mean we havent found an end to its digits yet, maybe that means if someone could use pi for some sort of energy source that it would not end, or atleast for a really long time, since it seems to be never ending. no idea if this could be at all true, but who knows anything these days

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I often wonder why these 'messages' are primarily circular?

WG3

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Looks like the circlemakers have started early this year. Nice work John

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Even if I thought that crop circles are made by aliens (and I don't), the fact that someone has "decoded" this crop circle would only made me think that this particular circle was made by men, it is easier for a man to decode what was made by men.

The anonymous posts appear on the list but are only visible after "approval" by the ATS staff, to avoid trouble making by people that are not even members.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i mean we havent found an end to its digits yet, maybe that means if someone could use pi for some sort of energy source that it would not end, or atleast for a really long time, since it seems to be never ending.
I suppose you were (or still are) a bad maths student...

Numbers that have an infinite number of digits to the right of the decimal point are very common, like 1 divided by 3.

join