It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Al-quaeda represent the majority of the Islamic states?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I've been thinking as to if Al-quaeda represents the majority of the Islamic states or not. I know that a lot of nations are strongly opposed to westernization which in turn leads them to reject us. Do you think the Al-quaeda terror network is just filled with a bunch of extremists, or, do they actually represent the thoughts of resistance of the Islamic states that don't support the west?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Al Queada in no way represents any Islamic states, if they did I imagine that is where they would be based rather than in sleeper cells. Most Islamic states are very pro west because we bring them buisness in the form of tourism and other things.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Let's get a little reality check here. If you ask the man on the street in any typical Muslim country in the Middle East, who do you support more, the US or Al Qaeda, who do you think wins the popular vote?

Yes the leaders realize they need to do business with the US if they don't want to suffer the fate of Iraq or Afghanistan, but in general they hate us for being supposed christians (not), for supporting Israel and for not being Muslim.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

If you ask the man on the street in any typical Muslim country in the Middle East, who do you support more, the US or Al Qaeda, who do you think wins the popular vote?

I'd be willing to be the most popular answer would be "none of the above"...

They don't like us for sticking our nose into their business for the past 60 years, installing puppet regimes, and supporting a European colony in their neighborhood.

On the other hand, Bin Laden and his allies don't seem to have very much public support in the Islamic world either, despite all the scaremongering. In fact they seem to be pretty widely hated and rejected.

Some fundamentalist Christians and radical Islamists would love to see a "kulturkampf" between the West and Islam - and are doing their best to start one.

In reality there is such a cultural conflict ongoing, but it's a conflict within both the West and Islam to determine who will win out - the medievalist fundamentalists, or those who want to live in the modern world.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

The cultural struggle has been going on ever since the days of Muhammed. The explicit Koranic teaching is to spread Islam by the sword. Unbeliever must be killed if they don't convert. By contrast Christ taught to love your enemies and to do good to those who abuse you.

Both fundamentalist teachings are hard to implement. However, human nature being what it is, it's a little easier to kill and destroy then to be self sacrificial.

top topics

join