It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fourth Amendment is Officially Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The House has overwhelmingly voted to murder the Fourth Amendment:

The House on Friday overwhelmingly approved a bill overhauling the rules on the government’s wiretapping powers and conferring what amounts to legal immunity to the telephone companies that took part in President Bush’s program of eavesdropping without warrants after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

The bill cleared the House by 293 to 129, with near-unanimous support from Republicans and substantial backing from Democrats. It now goes to the Senate, which is expected to vote next week.

Well even though our privacy has been violated for years, I can't say I am still not shocked at hearing it out loud. I always thought it would never be said out loud and actually confirmed for all of the American people. I feel this as a slap in the face. What other Amendment is slowly being wasted away by our leaders? The right to bare arms would be my answer. It has been shrouded in darkness but always known at the same time. They say it is for our safety and we should praise their protection while using the lines: What have you got to hide?

For anyone who would like to point out it is not fully passed: What makes you think they won't? Honestly, if they are doing it in secret it would only benefit them more to do it without consequence. Not that they had anything to worry about before. Just another thing that Bush can pass before one of his comrades is elected to office.

Stay Safe and take Precautions; watch what you say

www.infowars.com...
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well for one thing, the 4th amendment covers sooooooo much more than just this one issue. So obviously the 4th amendment is still alive and well.

There probably is much more to this issue than summing it up as some unconstitutional act, but since I don't know enough to opine, I will just stick with the comment, the 4th amendment is not dead.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Alright, I can see what you're saying, but it doesn't mean it won't die. The Amendment is slowly dieing; slowly, but it is dieing. This is just one of the many stones in the bridge being pulled away before our rights and freedoms collapse completely and we drown. With this it means it wont be long until it is actually over and with that the Fourth Amendment is already dead, doomed rather.

new topics

join