It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McClellan can't exonerate Cheney in CIA leak affair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

McClellan can't exonerate Cheney in CIA leak affair

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A former Bush spokesman said Friday he did not think the president knew about the leak of a CIA agent's identity, but refused to give the same assurances about Vice President Dick Cheney.

"I do not think the president had any knowledge" of the revelation of Valerie Plame Wilson's identity, Scott McClellan said at a House Judiciary committee hearing. "In terms of the vice president, I do not know."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
McCellan to Testify in CIA Leak case!!!!!
Exclusive: McClellan whacks Bush, White House Bush relied on "propaganda" to sell the war

[edit on 6/20/2008 by Hal9000]

[edit on 6/20/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I don't know if Scott McClellan's testimony will be enough to bring any additional charges against anyone involved in the leaking of Valerie Plame's name or not, but we will see. I was surprised that George Bush did not invoke executive privilege to keep him from testifying in front of Congress.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It seems that McClellan is toeing the line here. He's not about to admit to anything that may be construed as libel, but he sure is throwing out some really heavy hints.

The Bush administration has not managed to keep itself above the fray, and it shows. I think it will only be a matter of time before the administration's full involvement is known.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

In Scott McClellin's book he wrote some pretty damning statements on just about everyone. It does appear that he still protects George Bush, but has no love loss for any of the others.

The thing is if anyone is charged and convicted, unless it takes longer than till the end of the year, they would probably be pardoned or have the sentence commuted by George Bush. Although I think a trial of that magnitude, if started now, most likely would run longer than that.

top topics

join