It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown thrown by George Bush's hip-hop handshake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Mr Bush threw the Prime Minister off balance with his hip-hop-style handshake when the pair met during the outgoing President's farewell tour of Britain.

Instead of going in for a straight grip-and-pump, with the fingers slipping under the wrist, Mr Bush gripped around Mr Brown's thumb, to the obvious confusion of his partner in the War on Terror.

The unusual, "street"-style greeting, more commonly used by young sports stars and musicians than middle-aged heads of state, so perplexed Mr Brown that three of his fingers somehow slipped inside Mr Bush's jacket sleeve.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Okay, so my other recent thread, John McCain, weird 'Masonic' handshake?and the discussion there, has had me looking more carefully at handshakes of leaders and celebrities and such. I was floored when I came across this article from the other day. I would really like to see video of this weird grip between Gordon Brown and George Bush.

I love that the article calls the grip 'hip-hop', but my question, was this supposed to be something along the lines of McCain's grip from the other thread, but Gordon Brown screwed it up? Or is this itself a 'Masonic' handshake?

Ironically, the closest handshake I could find is a rather new one created for 9-11 truthers.... It almost seems like a video made by an ATS member. Its at like 20 seconds in...

What is up with all these weird handshakes? Its almost like Obama's 'terrorist fist bump' has everyone hand jiving....
DocMoreau

edit to add.... To me it looks like Gordon Brown is giving Bush the 9-11 Truther shake...

[edit on 20/6/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That hand shake has been around since before hip-hop.

It was very common among young men in my youth, which was of course during the middle of the last century.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

..lol Sorry buddy that's not quite Masonic either..

Just Bush actin' a fool ..

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Look into hypnosis. A screwy handshake is one of the main ways a practitioner coaxes the target's brain into an involuntary hypnotic state.

A handshake is basically a socially conditioned reflex. When someone presents their out stretched hand we rarely consciously think about performing the act of shaking hands. A handshake provides a window into the subconscious because that part of your brain was active during the moments leading up the handshake.

By "screwing up" the handshake you force the subconscious to get "stuck" as it searches for a reason or meaning behind the unexpected stimulus. Usually the window is only a few seconds long and must be maintained by using very specific language constructs, careful metering, and a calming gaze.

Once the person you are talking to has a sort of blank stare back, you can be sure that you have the person completely under your power of suggestion.

Now go watch the handshakes the Saudi's give to the President of the US (there are videos on youtube of their meetings.) If you look closely the Saudi King gives Bush a screwy handshake and Bush's affect falls flat for a few seconds. He stops smiling as widely and just kinda stares at the Saudi King as he says something. Ina few second, the POTUS appears to "wake up" and looks around, starts smiling again, and acknowledges the others around him.

Jon

EDIT:commas

[edit on 6.23.2008 by Voxel]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Street punks use that shake. Bush affirmimg his knewly acquired respect of the old gang shake to his compadries now. What does bush care, he's done his damage and knows he is on the way out.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
He should have gone for the knuckle-bump. That would have really thrown him off.

new topics

top topics

join