It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the Democrats destroying our economy? SERIOUSLY!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I remember 12 years or so ago, when the issue of drilling for oil in ANWAR came up.
Although you will never hear me call for the drilling of that area, it was the democratic response to these issues that bothers me now. en.wikipedia.org...

They basically said, that oil isn't going to be impacting the market for ten years, and we should be spending money on alternative fuels. (paraphrase)

So I got to thinking. How much have we spent on research for alternative energy resources? According to all of the plethora of sources, we have spent Billions in the last decade to research these fueling alternatives. The results? Mixed at best. Biofuels have actually increased the rate of rainforest clearing, and have decimated an already fragile food market. Other sources are up and running, however they are difficult to translate into the many needs we have for our power sources.

With an estimated 250,000,000 cars on the road here in the U.S., and with a WORLDWIDE capacity to build 50,000,000 cars every year, www.worldometers.info...
then it would take a full FIVE years if we started TODAY, and took EVERY car produced by the world, just to switch our cars to a different source. Obviously. the real numbers indicate that even if we had the technology, and infrastructure, to make an immediate switch, it would take all of our combined efforts, and 15 years or more. (this based also on the growing demand that China places yearly on the factories...)

So why do I say that the Democrats are destroying our economy? Three very simple reasons.

1)They are forcing businesses to leave States and counties.

Unrealistic burdens of ecological impacts, Bureaucratic red tape, Taxes, and Liability and Risk issues are fast sending businesses to places where they are wanted for the jobs that they create. Democrats act as though the businesses need us, when the truth is, in our developing world, it's the other way around.
You cannot build a factory nearly anywhere in this country, as environmentalist groups have decided that the best way to help the environment is to send these companies running to a country that requires far less of a standard than we do!
Democrats see businesses for the money they will provide for those who don't work for it, as opposed to getting jobs for those who will work for it.

One simple starter solution? Take all these environmentalist hippie professors, and have them take their classes out and do FREE impact studies so that the local community can INVITE factories and businesses in!

2) They treat our natural resources with disdain.

Due to idiotic accidents, environmentalists have forced the democratic party to toe a line that keeps us from getting to the resources that would lower world prices. Sen. Obama refused to allow drilling for oil in shale areas of Colorado and Montana, so that a study could be done to see HOW MUCH OIL THERE ACTUALLY WAS! (it's true, look it up!)
The party line (or chant) has been that we should "promote alternative energy".

Well DUH! Who thinks that we should use gas forever? Not me. But I can tell you this, if we had to only pay a $1.50 per gallon still, there would be a hell of a lot more money for that research.

We need to stop the idiots now! How about this? We open up all these areas, and they have to drill as much as possible until the market cools. This allows us to leave the middle east, and save our economy. In return, 20% of all oil is immediately deposited in a general fund to help pay for the energy changeover. Hell, you could even cap a price when a certain output is met. I am all free market baby, but these resources belong to us all. Its the refining and transport of the stuff that they get a piece of.

3) They WANT to limit our choices... To gain more control.

Follow me on this one.
Having cars allows us the freedom to work, live, and move anywhere we want. Sprawling over the 4% of land we currently use, we are given TRUE free market choices. But the Dems don't like that at all.

Where I live is a perfect microcosm of that mentality. In Santa Barbara, it takes YEARS to build anything, and you can't build apartment complexes. They limit our housing, which raises rent. They prevent businesses from moving here (high taxes), and they rarely if ever allow new businesses to be built here. They are forcing us all to live in one area, and to give up our cars. To a lot of dems, this is the perfect idea. More control you see.

So I have to ask you Dems, are you ruining our economy to bring back the glory of FDR? Or do you hate republicans so much, that you would rather watch as we falter as a country, just to be able to point blame and collect political points?

Later in history, this Congress will be remembered as the worst ever.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
You've made one major mistake here....singling out any of the two political parties. To assume that they are really different at all is a mistake that continues to be repeated far too often!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

I agree that one cannot simply place all of the blame on any one party. Hell, the republicans are responsible for the loopholes that made the speculation happen. But I tell you what. No oil needed from the middle east = less U.S. involvement.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
But the thing of it is, there are people in our gov't on both sides of the fence who are making money off of this....it's not a partisan issue, it's an issue of corruption and constitutional violations of epic proportions! The whole damn system needs to be turned on it's head before we're going to really get anything done.

I agree with you on the sentiment of less U.S. involvement. Less U.S. involvement anywhere period!!! We need to take care of our own, the gov't is there to serve US and they have been doing quite the opposite for a LONG time now.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Nice try. Here we go with the Democrats!!!!!!

Who'se had this country for 8 years?

Grant it, they're both useless, but cant you at least wait a few weeks to start attacking???

Really. One word: BUSH

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Nice try what? The drilling and natural gas development has been partisan for the last twenty years! The Democrats vote NO to EVERY BILL, no matter what, in order to push their own agendas and pacify their most vocal supporters!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The data show that the economy has tanked ever since the Democrats took the Congress and 66% of the increase in gasoline over the last eight years has taken place during that same period.

Now, the Democrats refuse to do anything to alleviate the situation, but instead hold the people hostage so that they can push their bogus global warming agenda.

Those are the facts. Make of them as you wish.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Democrats believe that oil is the evil that is destroying the Earth as we know it. This should give you a good idea of why the democrats vote the way that they do.

The Age of Oil Must End - Obama

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Agreed to both of you. Notice that the libs who populate the threads that tear down Obama are afraid to come in here. They know that the truth is that they have no legs to stand on.

The facts are painfully obvious, they want you to HAVE to turn to them (the government) in the end, as they can't in any way help except to throw money at issues and pretend that they are on the Moral high ground...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I personally believe it is a truly bipartisan effort that is wrecking us economically and as a nation. A good current example is the Dodd-Shelby housing bailout bill working its way through the Senate.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I couldn't agree with you more. However, seeing as attacking one side usually guilts the other into action... (or they just fear for their jobs)

Plus the democrats irk me constantly with their economic decisions.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

You have got to be joking. W starts a war in the middle east, starting a huge run up in the price of oil. The Democrats can't get it turned around in 2 years, and you blame them for the whole problem? It took both parties at least 30 years of inaction to get us here, and I really don't see either party doing anything courageous or intelligent enough to get us out of it. No one can lead us anymore because there are too many asses braying on the internet.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
***sigh*** As long as people keep perpetuating the Right v. Left; Conservative v. Liberal; Red v. Blue; Republicans v. Democrats; Apple v. PC; Coke v. Pepsi BS we're never going to get anywhere. I can't believe that people are this blind. Back in the 70's we had a major oil/energy crisis that contributed to a recessionary turn in the economy. Since that time we've had 20yrs of Republican presidents and roughly 10yrs of Democratic presidents. It's been a Republican Congress for most of that time.

So we've had better than 30yrs to do something about our dependence on foreign oil (after seeing the havoc that dependency caused in the late '70s) and virtually nothing has been done. We've accomplished far more significant technological leaps in much, much shorter time but for some reason NO ONE was inclined to tackle the energy issue. 30+ years we sat on our collective ass while year by year we imported more foreign oil (~24% in the '70s and nearly 70% now). To attempt to pin this on any one party or any one administration is ludicrous and illustrates an incredibly naive impression of how the governmnet 'works'. We've been screwed. We've always been screwed. But every now and then someone reaches just a little too deep into the till and their cover gets blown (research Savings and Loan collapse, Enron, etc.).

We have the technology to mitigate this mess. The problem is the people in a position to DO something about it are too busy counting their stacks to give a rats' caboose. This happened just before the French Revolution. The people were hungry and advisors to the King told him that the people had no bread. Marie Antionette responded with the famous quote 'If they have no bread let them eat cake.' The aristocracy was SO out-of-touch that dear Marie honestly thought they could simply eat cake if no bread was available. To make a long story short, they rolled out the guillotine and lopped-off teh heads of the King and dear Marie.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

John Galt valley, huh?

I admit to starring the post above yours as well. However, with a ban on drilling in a large part of our country, "for tourism and ecological reasons", I have seen that supply and demand cannot just MAKE new technologies happen. Should we be investing heavily in new energy? YES!

But I live in Santa Barbara, were the modern movement against the oil industry began.

No fuel=no tourists.

The fact is, there has been an agenda since the 1970's by those in congress that cater to environmentalists. Drilling is not anything like it used to be, just like emissions have dropped over 85%. The fact is, the libs have painted themselves in the corner on this one, and can only get out by walking on the corpses of big business and republican rivals.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It isn't the Democrats who are destroying the economy, it is the World Bankers how print our money for us at interest, who are destroying our economy, by manipulation.
See if they can give you something else to focus on such as democrat vs republican, you are oblivious to the true problem, which is The Fedeeral Reserve system and credit backed money.
Petroleum has been obsolete for over 50 years, but don't tell anyone... lol.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Democrats are not destroying our economy any more than Republicans are.
The destruction of our economy has been ongoing for years.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
[info][add][mail]
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802)

Here was our warning.This is why the constitution says only gold and silver.

Ron Paul tried to tell people but the MSM kept him pretty well under wraps.
However to put his words into simple terms you can not make $50,000 dollars a year and spend $1000 a day yet that is exactly what our government is doing.McCain is not going to change that and neither is Obama.The ability to spend money like that is why most people are in politics.In the last seven years our dollar has lost 56 cents against the Canadian dollar.When I was young I could walk into any bank and trade a dollar bill for a silver dollar.The dollar bill will but me a quarter of a gallon of gas today the silver dollar would buy me someplace around 5gallons of gas.
In otherwords they are devaluating the dollar to retain 700 military bases in 130 countrys and support the welfare state.It only takes a very small amount of common sence to understand the dollar is heading for failure.If you think gas and food is expencive wait till the dollar fails.

new topics

top topics

join