It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly experiances again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I awoke the other night with a very strong feeling I was not alone in my room...my partner was sleeping at the side of me..but I had a strong sense there was someone else present...I have had this feeling before but not in my current house..its not a good feeling as I felt not a friendly spirit.... now I keep having strange dreams,horrible ones....
Have other people here ever experianced this?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I have felt like that before, but when that happened a member of my family had died. It has happened twice- two different members of my family had died. There were several years between each incidence. There is no reason for you to think that this is why you experienced this, but I always check up on my family members when I wake from a dream extremely frightened or feel the presence in my room. I dont have nightmares in the normal sense, so I tend to treat bad dreams as warning.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

Glad to hear I am not alone.....No family members that have died though..not recent anyhow..
I spent my teenage years with the same thing,different house though,but I used to wake in the middle of the night really scared feeling someone there,I used to jump out of bed switch the light on,but never remember getting back into bed! I thought I had long left this behind me and haven't experianced for a very long time,I'm not as scared as I was in my teenage years as I have someone in bed beside me,which is why I am shocked I have started with these feelings again,along with the weird dreams...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Do you think it is possible that depression could be linked with the feelings...been a sufferer for many years..medicated..but been off for 2 years now..recently been under alot of stress and the other feelings returning..could there be a link
anybody know

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
As a clinically depressed person, myself, I have to say that my psychic powers have been desensitized by the medication.

In some respects it can be a nice thing as I don't get woken up in the night by every other-world being that is passing through the neighbourhood.

If you have been stressed recently, try doing things to elevate the stress like exercise, doing a kick-boxing class, going for a walk in some lovely countryside.
Keep a diary when you start doing the stress relieving activity and see if the problem continues.
Please don't just get back on the meds because some being is trying to communicate with you, however annoying.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Thankyou..
I am a very active person,spend most of my day outside as my hobby is also my job
I go to bed shattered every night,but still awaken through the early hours...
I haven't felt "anyone" near these past few days..I just wondered if on low days that it is a state of mind you are in and a possiblity that the two be linked...
I have managed to cope off the meds for 2 years and will try my best to stay off...but sometimes its not as easy as that,and I certainly wouldn't be going back onto them cos I was scared of a nightly visitor! Thanks anyway..

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i've had one of those before

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thats my thread on my experience.
it was quite disturbing.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dylant93

Read your thread very interesting....I have experianced that in the past as a result of stress...but a long time ago now...I thought I had awoke from sleep and couldn't move any part of my body,but then I was still asleep..and woke up gasping for air!!
but feel my current experiance is different ..I wasn't dreaming I was awake...I could have got out of bed so I know I was awake and I was too aware for it to be a dream...
I have experianced the feeling of someone being there, before the days of my depression, and I used to get out of bed as I remember turning the light on...but then maybe I was sleep walking..is it possible to remember doing things even when asleep?.. so not sure that it is related in any way...now I'm very confused....

[edit on 5-7-2008 by special]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have posted here about a similiar experience and the advice I received from a friend was to immediately take pictures of the room with a digital camera, then look to see anything unusual. Usually in a corner, under a piece of furniture (they are sneaky
)

This actually works for me.

The most recent time was 3 weeks ago my sister in law and her new bofriend were here. We were doing Karaoke on my PS3. When it was their turn to do a duet there was no picture, just sound. After 15 minutes of troubleshooting, The HDMI cable was unplugged. Very unusual, so I took pictures around the room and low and behold, up in a far corner of the family room was a huge orb (yes orbs can be dust too). My other experience showed a face. Anyways, I asked him if anyone had died in the past year or so and he said "my WIFE". No one knew this except him as he didn't want to share that (he was still sad of course).

May be something, may be nothing. But,

Take those pictures next time you feel that.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

How about this for orbs! I took this photo a couple of months ago with a digital camera,had taken frames before and after but they only showed up in this picture...this is in my living room by the way and the dogs are looking at my daughter...what do you think

i178.photobucket.com...
"not sure if I have done this right to get picture to show"

[edit on 15-7-2008 by special]

join