It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals, Bare Your Teeth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ok, in a normal, PRE-9-11 world, I would be looking forward to re-electing my Republican president. However, in this POST 9-11 world a paradigm has shifted and nothing is as it was or as it seems. For the first time in my life, I will bite the preverbial bullet and support the Democratic candidate - even if it is -YAWN, cringe - John Kerry. There is no other choice. Bush HAS to go, no ands ifs or buts. He and his administration have proven to be the greatest menace the world has ever seen - and that is no overstatement.

Before you Republicans think about trying to flame me, you consider this: I voted for Bush in 2000 and was ecstatic when he won his case before the Supreme Court. I could not wait for a president who would bring dignity and honor back to the Oval Office after it being sold and debased for eight LONG years. I looked forward to once again having a commander-in-chief the military could respect and admire. I looked forward to a president who would walk softly and carry a big stick in the arena of foreign policy. I wanted a president who would have the balls to ban partial birth abortions (tho I do support Roe v Wade.) I looked forward to alot with George W. Bush.

With the exception of Partial Birth Abortion being banned, in every other way, Bush has failed miserably as the president I voted for. His record is abysmal, to put it kindly. He has betrayed every citizen of the United States, flushed our economy down the toilet, presided over more lost jobs since the Hoover administration, wrecklessly endangered national security and presided over the biggest terrorist attack in our nation's history. His foreign policy has ruined our good standing throughout the world and made each and every one of us a target to our enemies. Some of those enemies used to be our friends.
I could go on and on about why I'm angry with this idiotic and demonic administration, but I've said enough.

The bottom line is this: This year Democrats had better pull their heads outta their A$$es and learn to fight back blow for blow. BushCo is gonna be a vicous beast, moreso than ever before - with more money behind him than has ever been amassed in history. (And I thought Clinton was bad!) That money's gonna be used to buy up as much air time as possible to be used to further brainwash and scare the US population into voting for Bush. They are gonna do everything in their power to paint Kerry as weak and waffling. (And they may have some valid points.) But that's beside the point right now. Bush and those who control him are the biggest terrorists in the world. Forget about Al Qaeda - these are the guys that brought Al Qaeda into being. You do the math.

I came across this editorial and agreed with it. Just thought I'd pass it along:

Liberals, bare your teeth
Attacks from 'war president' are unrelenting -- time to return fire

After nearly three weeks of being laid up with illness, my head is swimming with political topics (or maybe it's just all the new medications): Nader's megalomaniacal presidential bid, which will draw about six votes. America's long-dreamed-of, finally successful bid to get Haiti's Jean-Bertrand Aristide out of power without appearing responsible. The sheer wretchedness of being stuck in a hospital room watching television "news." George Bush's homosexual love tryst with Barry Bond's personal trainer.
OK, I made that last bit up.
www.workingforchange.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Aside from the partial birth abortion ban, which I loved, he has done other things that are good.

The tax cut would have been good should he have cut spending to match.

He did sign the FHA home loan change from 3% down to 0% down making it easier for Americans to buy a home (which is the first step to financial success). That is great in my book.

He signed the "do not call" list into law which is great to me.

He signed the Internet Access Taxation Moratorium which disallowed the government to tax internet access.

I HATE what he has done in the environment though. His policy towards oil is terrible.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Bush is a republican in name only...so your conscious is clear in voting against him... He is almost completely off track, as far as general republican ideals.... He's for big government, big spending, etc. WTF???

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
KJ,

The pollution thing isn't as bad as it seems. The petro-chem industry is hit too hard with the regulations. The water they pull off the river or lake is much dirtier and horrible than the water they put it in. They have to match the temperature and ph. No serious impurities and what nots can be put back in. I can promise that a major portion of spending for any petrochem or chem plant is on cleaning up and purification. If someone's truck is leaking radiator fluid on their parking lot, they have to call hazmat cleaners to get out there and clean it up. Drop one of oil gets on the ground, hazmat people are out there in a heartbeat. They regulate the companies even more so than we people on the outside. In my opinion, alot of "polluters" are over regulated or at least in my area.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You have seen the error of your ways. Unfourtunately, you failed to do the research on your 2000 vote; anyone who looked at the state of Texas before and after being Bushed never would have voted for him.....even if Satan was on the opposing ticket.
That you "cheered" that travesty of Justice that the Supreme Clowns pulled off is also pretty damning.
And that whole buy into the "honor & dignity" thing....Geez!!
I was an 18 yr old Reaganite - so I can excuse the dumb young funboys since I used to be a card carrying God-Guns & Reagan Conservative.
But you have a recent revalation that might shake loose the sh*t clogging their heads.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
How could anyone have expected a good foreign policy from a man who had with the exception of Canada, NEVER I repeat NEVER traveled outside the US prior to becoming President of the most influential power in the world???

I firmly believe that being exposed to other cultures and nations firsthand can do nothing but increase your awareness and appreciation for the rest of the world. Not just the US!

(you might even learn what not to do!)

Even the founding fathers had traveled to and from other continents back in their day!! And traveling was down-right risky back then.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I understand about the current operations of oil and it's subsidiaries.

I was speaking to the opening of protected land for such things as drilling, roads, etc.

I was not too clear.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
You have seen the error of your ways. Unfourtunately, you failed to do the research on your 2000 vote; anyone who looked at the state of Texas before and after being Bushed never would have voted for him.....even if Satan was on the opposing ticket.

You're correct, Bout Time. But then again, at that point I really didn't want to see his bad side. After eight years of disgusting leadership, there was no way I was going to vote for Algore. Plus, I was willing to trust Shrub b/c his father was my Commander-In-Chief - who I once thought highly of. But then came the knowledge....

That you "cheered" that travesty of Justice that the Supreme Clowns pulled off is also pretty damning.
And that whole buy into the "honor & dignity" thing....Geez!!

There's nothing wrong with the honor & dignity thing, BT. They were once standards society lived by, at least in the White House and in public.

As for the settling of the 2000 election, I now believe it was stolen. I was just describing how Bush coming out on top made me feel at the time.

I was an 18 yr old Reaganite - so I can excuse the dumb young funboys since I used to be a card carrying God-Guns & Reagan Conservative.
But you have a recent revalation that might shake loose the sh*t clogging their heads.

After 9-11 a paradigm shifted and the scales fell off my eyes, as the bible says.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
...floating around!

Hey, it's gonna be fun! For the first time in my life I'm going to see an American election with as much passion as one in a Banana Republic!
And THIS time, they will storm the 'presidential palace' if another theft is carried out!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
it's gonna be fun! For the first time in my life I'm going to see an American election with as much passion as one in a Banana Republic!

ECK:Tell me about it!

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yes, the outcry for this election either way, will be deafening.

Probably moreso should Bush win, which I estimate he will, but hey I could be wrong.

At least it'll get those lazy asses up off the recliner and into the voting booth, even if all they read/hear is from mainstream crap news.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm just worried there will be rigged voting machines; or a conveniently timed terrorist attack.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm not looking forward to this election whatsoever. It seems many of us are in a Lose, Lose or Lose situation come November. Kerry is really no different than Bush at the core. Nader has no chance except to possibly skew the numbers (again). Once again I'll state my wish for a semi-moderate Libertarian candidate. Beyond that I feel I'll be voting for my own doom no matter where the lever falls.
Rather depressing, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Bless your heart, ECK, what can I say?

Bush did bring dignity back to the White House, he has defended this nation has he should have (as it should have been years ago) and your opinion that he has sent our economy into the toilet is entirely incorrect - he has pulled it out of the toilet, where the last prez sent it.
Now that I've said that, allow me to say this: Bush is a liberal. Whatever the media tells you, look at what he has done. He has tried to beat the dems at their own game by taking all there talking points. He spends money faster than a chronic gambler in Vegas. What does it take to make Bush look like a conservative? The ultra-left wing democrat, John Kerry.
Stay with the tour, you'll learn alot. Fall asleep on the tram and who knows where you'll end up.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I wouldn't toot Bush's horn too much. He has left gapping holes in most areas that he should be concentrating on.

The border would be number one.

The economy, well, I have not seen great strides there, but I think the tax cut was good in theory, but not enough, and he took it out of the wrong pockets.

The environment, he's been pretty lax.

But that's a few things.

new topics

top topics

join