It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I'd Like to Hear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Look, being a skeptic is all fine and dandy, and being a believer is just as fine, no problems with eeither side for the most part.
This is in response to the threads I've seen basically attacking anyone of a viewpoint on ATS.
I used to be a believer, I used to believe about everything I read, and didn't even try to figure out how so many different groups and stuff controled the world and everything. But i was forced to answer a question one time, and i decided to base anything else I read on it from then on.
Basically, yes, it could be an alien, but is it at all possible that it's some guy in a costume.
Of course the answer was yes but...
Can you prove it isn't?
No but...
Then it's not proof is it?
And since then I've stumbled accross many hoaxes, and read many papers on some of the things that, if they weren't out right hoaxes, were misidentifacations that just sorta stuck, despite follow up studies later.
To much skepticism is bad to, though. And while I've seen believers get better...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I've definelty noticed the skeptics get a bit worse,things get tosssed out of hand pretty quickly,and I guess it's because we are so used to hoaxes and the like.
But I'd like to hear more "I accept the possibility of it being a fake, but I don't believe it is, or that it is proof against." from the believers, and less "No way, it's totally fake" and more "Moneys on fake, but if it is, I accept your views, and don't accept it as proof against." or something like that, less indirect name callinged be nice.
Of course, that said, feel free to flaunt it a little bit, a told you so, or to collect on bets if it goes one way or the other. Just keep in mind people who have a different aopinion than you are going to be everywhere you go, and it's best not to tick them off, eventually they'll outnumber you.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Just go with your heart and believe what it tells you. It's probably the only thing in this world thats not trying to lead you astray.

I saw a Bigfoot one night. I was alone and can't prove it but I know what I saw. It was not someone in a costume. I drove right by the damn thing and watched it walk into the woods.

People don't believe me. I don't care. I know what I saw and thats enough for me.

I've photographed orbs but never seen a ghost. I've had a precog dream about the space shuttle burning up on reintry to the atmosphere. I've had sleep paralysis and many other strange things.

Some of them are natural, some of them are not. All of them have shaped my opinion of this world and whats going on.

What's going on, in my opinion, cannot be explained away by the science that we currently have. That doesn't mean they are extraordinary or even spiritual. It simply means we can't explain them yet.

Trust your heart. It's the best compass you have in this world.

wupy

join