It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why CSX CEO Snow picked as Treasury Secretary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I was reading CBS Marketwatch and the pieces fell into place wit this announcement:
"Carlyle Group Buys Piece
Of CSX Container Business"

You see, John Snow lost scads of money for CSX while the industry and competitors where making big bucks. Yet, CSX added 20 years worth of retirement benefits to his parting packages worth multi millions. That the deal was agreed upon days after he was made Secretary is even more brazen. Now The Carlyle Group is headed by Frank Carlucci, former secretary of defense in the Reagan administration. Poppa Bush draws a paycheck from these folks, William E. Kennard, former FCC chairman, Arthur Levitt, former SEC chairman, James Baker, III, former secretary of state, and John Major, former prime minister of Great Britain.

They couldn't scratch each others backs more obviously if they did a Conga Line on the White House Lawn.
Anyone else notice the newfound emphasis on Cargoships/containers as terrorism points?

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Back scratching in politics - you're kidding me? How unprecedented, BT.

Snow was a terrible pick, imho. We need a tax-cuttin, supply-sider!

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I like the old fashion kind of back scratching; not this gobal-investment-company-fill-of-ex government heads-dictating-what-happens-in-current-government-to-enhance-their-investments type of CRAP!!!!!
That's just the Robber Barons running the world all over again.

join