It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yoga and Qigong are the 2 oldest human cultures known to man today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
twm.co.nz...

5000 years ago, ancient spiritual tradition of India spoke of a universal source of all life. The energy called prana. This universal energy is the breath of life moves through all forms to give them life. Yogis work with this energy with breathing techniques, meditation, and physical exercise to produce altered states of consciousness and longevity
3,000 years ago, the ancient Qigong masters in China were practicing their meditative discipline to balance and invigorate the human energy field. They called this vital energy that pervades all forms, both animate and inanimate, Qi. The Qi is the vital energy of the body; while gong means the skill of moving this Qi and working with it. Practitioners use mind control to move and control the Qi to not only improve health and longevity, but also to enhance awareness, psychic powers, and spiritual development. The ancient Qigong masters also developed Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and the martial arts. In addition, they made the first model for acupuncture. Acupuncturists insert needles, or use moxa, or put magnets at specific acupuncture points to balance the yin and yang of the human energy field. When the Qi is balanced, the entity has good health. When the Qi is unbalanced, the entity has poor or impaired health.
The Kabbalah, the Jewish mystical teachings written about 538 B.C., calls these energies the astral light. Later on, Christian paintings and sculptures show a halo around the head of Christ and other spiritual leaders. Similarly, we see this halo on statues and paintings of Buddha, and also see energy or light coming from the fingers of many of the gods of India.

History of Yoga-
www.yoga-central.net...

The word, yoga, is derived from Sanskrit, one of the world's most ancient languages. In its simplicity, yoga means: "a bringing together of the parts in order to create a union or balance of a person's body, mind, and spirit."

www.americanyogaassociation.org...

No one knows exactly when Yoga began, but it certainly predates written history. Stone carvings depicting figures in Yoga positions have been found in archeological sites in the Indus Valley dating back 5,000 years or more. There is a common misconception that Yoga is rooted in Hinduism; on the contrary, Hinduism’s religious structures evolved much later and incorporated some of the practices of Yoga. (Other religions throughout the world have also incorporated practices and ideas related to Yoga.)

The tradition of Yoga has always been passed on individually from teacher to student through oral teaching and practical demonstration. The formal techniques that are now known as Yoga are, therefore, based on the collective experiences of many individuals over many thousands of years. The particular manner in which the techniques are taught and practiced today depends on the approach passed down in the line of teachers supporting the individual practitioner.

Chinese Ancient Daoyin and Qigong is also older than history-
www1.chinaculture.org...

In ancient times, Chinese people had already started to cure arthrosis (joint disease) with dance or movement. In theSpring and Autumn Period(770-476BC), people gradually summarized dao yin shu (medical gymnastics), tu na shu (breathing techniques), and other physical activities to prevent and cure the disease of people.

In 1974, at the Ma-Wang-Dui Tombs inChangshaof Central China'sHunan Province, China's archaeologists found a dao yin picture. It was China's earliest extant painting of healthy movement, created at the end of 3th century BC. The picture shows more than 40 gymnastic movements, which include four aspects in medical gymnastics: breathing movement, body movement, instrumental movement, and the relationship between medical gymnastics and arthrosis curing.

Daoyin, or "xingqi," is a kind of callisthenic exercise combining breathing with bodily movements mimicking animals. Dao means to regulate qi, or vital energy, by guiding its flow in the body. Yin means to limber up the body and limbs through physical movements.

"Epigraph on Circulation of Oi," an inscription on a piece of jade of the Warring States Period (475-221 BC), shows that people at that time already knew how to nourish qi and guide its flow in the body. Monographs on daoyin began to appear in the Western Han Dynasty (206 BC-AD 24). The daoyin diagrams painted on silk, unearthed from Tomb No.3 of the Eastern Han Dynasty (25-220) in Changsha, Hunan Province, are the earliest extant and most complete paintings on ancient callisthenics. The paintings depict in color 44 persons of both sexes and different ages doing daoyin movements of various descriptions. Hua Tuo, a famous physician of the Period of the Three Kingdoms (220-280), adapted over 140 daoyin routines into five groups of movements mimicking tigers, deer, bears, apes and birds to create a set of exercise called Five Animal Play. By the Song Dynasty (960-1279), daoyjn had developed into baduanjin (eight-section brocade), which has remained popular to this day. Other exercises like wenbaduan and yijinjing, which appeared in the Ming (1368-1644) and Oing (1644-1911) dynasties, are a blend of qigong and massage.

Daoyin exercises have proved very effective in prolonging life. Dougong, a blind musician during the reign of Emperor Wendi of the Western Han Dynasty, kept practicing daoyin until he died at the ripe old age of over 100. Sun Simiao, a noted medical expert of the Tang Dynasty (618- 907), performed daoyin three times a day and lived to an age of 110. Lu You, a celebrated scholar of the Song Dynasty, was still going strong when he was well over 80. No wonder daoyin was called an art for achieving longevity in ancient times.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Chinese ancient Daoyin
www.shen-nong.com...
www.chiflow.com...

Chi Kung (qigung) is a healing art for strengthening or enhancing health that was very likely developed out of the ancient exercise of Daoyin. Daoyin is discussed on many ancient relics, and reference is made on bronzes of the Zhou Dynasty (1100-221 B.C.). Chi Kung literally translated means Breathing Exercise, and to this day the quality of breathing and method of practice is essential in Chi Kung.

Qi is one of the most ancient and scientific realities that can be experienced

Info about the past and what Qigong is and what it's implications are to history and the human body. From the teaching of Falun Dafa, a great cultivation path which originates in an ancient prehistoric time, by Mr. Li Hongzhi
www.falundafa.org...

Qigong is Part of Prehistoric Culture

What is qigong? A lot of qigong masters are trying to address this question, but what I have to say is completely different. A lot of qigong masters talk about it at one level, while I’m talking at a higher level about how to understand qigong, and it’s nothing like how they understand it. Some qigong masters say that qigong has a 2,000-year history in our country. And others say qigong has a 3,000-year history. Some say it has a 5,000-year history, which would be about the same as the history of our Chinese civilization. And there are people who say that if you go by historic artifacts it has a 7,000-year history, which goes way beyond the history of our Chinese civilization. But all the same, the date doesn’t go much beyond the history of this civilization. Now, according to Darwin’s theory of evolution, man first evolved from aquatic plants into aquatic animals, then he climbed onto land, and later up into trees, then he came back down and turned into an ape, and then finally he evolved into modern man, who has culture and thought, which puts human civilization at only about 10,000 years old, if you figure that way. Go back a little further and there wouldn’t have even been quipu record-keeping, and they would have worn leaves and eaten raw meat. Go even further back, and maybe they wouldn’t even know how to make fire, and they would have been those totally savage, primitive people.

But something just doesn’t add up...

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Wow Hollwood, you are really tapping into a lot of topics with this post. I am interested in both Qigong and Anceint Civilizations, but have not seen references to spent uranium ore coming out of Gabon. I have heard a similar story, but the dating goes back 500k years and is, I think, located in Russia. And 'they' excused it due to some type of natural occcurance, if I recall correctly.

Could you post links to where you found the various data relating to all of these finds, Peru, tribolite, Shakyamuni etc.? I would be v. interested in researching some of this myself.

Also, if you are a teacher of Qigong and located in Hwd. please u2u me as I would be v. interested in studying the art. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollywood11

Could you like sum up why its the 2 oldest human cultures with a couple of sentences for each? The dates I see show nothing special (or old for that matter).

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yoga and Quigong aren't cultures... and there are many cultures far older than 3,000 BC. The Clovis Point culture in the US, for instance, dates to 10,000 BC.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yoga and Qigong are not cultures, they are spiritual practices. Those who practice Kundalini yoga say that it goes back at least 40,000 years. Don't know if that's true, but that's what they say.

I thought the Aborigines had the oldest cultures known to humankind?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Qigong and Yoga are most certainly cultures, and they are older than the "Clovis" people. As explained here, Qigong and Yoga are remnants of the prehistoric civlizations that were more knowledgable than any civilization today. The idea of the Clovis being the first in North America has also been debunked a long time ago.

Why do you think many governemnts consider these systems to be national treasures and cultural treasures? These systems are the heart and soul of all Asian culture.

Also, many things that people consider to be true cultures, are in fact simply human inventions, whereas Yoga and Qigong are actually beyond human levels and come from very high dimensions originally. In this sense they are not only human cultures, but true universal cultures. Thus we can call them cultures correctly, whereas primitive tribal living and dancing around fires painting your body is not true culture.

Qigong and Yoga are of course cultures, they are prehistoric culture as well as divine culture.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

I live in Canada actually, not Hollywood.

Now, get this, some have even tried to claim the painted images that are about 12,000 years old found in the Pyraness and mountains of Spain and France, were created by Cro Magnon man apes. This is a joke IMO.

And about the paintings in the Pyranees mountains and caves in France....

This is one of the exact locations that the Atlantean Children of the Law of One retreated to prior to the destruction of Atlantis. The CLO , knowing the signs and knowing the times, went to the Pyraness somewhere before or around 10,500 BC

Cro Magnon man apes didn't do it!
www.pureinsight.org...
www.pureinsight.org...
www.pureinsight.org...

more about what is actually going on with the prehistoric cultures and pre historic cave paintings, they weren't the cro magnon ape men who were creating these things! no way!

more images of the prehistoric culture etc.
photo.minghui.org...

Baciscally you're trying to say this-

Created this-

Not buying it. Cro magnons are very, very different than humans. Did you ever see a human with ape eye brow lines and no third eye like cro magnon apes? No

Geez, I didn't even realize some people still believed cro magnon man apes painted the cave paintings in the Pyraness mountains and caves of france and spain. And I didn't realize people still believed civilization was only 12,000 years old.

Info about the pre-historic nuclear reactor in Gaban, I am sure some skeptics still ignorantly scoff at such a notion, but garunteed this is man made not natural
www.pureinsight.org...

Genetic Research on the Ancient Basques of the Pyranees mountains yeilds unexpected results, Cayce's Atlantean history completely viable-
www.edgarcayce.org...

more
www.edgarcayce.org...

DNA
www.atlantisinsights.net...

More about evolution-
www.pureinsight.org...

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by endrun
Yoga and Qigong are not cultures, they are spiritual practices. Those who practice Kundalini yoga say that it goes back at least 40,000 years. Don't know if that's true, but that's what they say.

I thought the Aborigines had the oldest cultures known to humankind?

I guess you could call it spiritual culture, but it is certainly a culture. Qigong and Yoga are older than the aborigines.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thanks for supplying the links, I have had a chance to look at them and am going to look around and see if I can find the accredited stuides that correlate with them, as i think that would be better ammo for your position than non-academic sites that vaguely reference 'studies'.

I did not find the photo of the drawing of the bison so incredible as not to be believed as orginating from what is traditionally described as pre-historic man.

And the link of the 'knight' and 'dressed girl' would be more evidential as proof if they were not artist renderings. Is there some reason that there are no actually photographs of these drawings?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
Qigong and Yoga are most certainly cultures, and they are older than the "Clovis" people.

They're spiritual practices.

As explained here, Qigong and Yoga are remnants of the prehistoric civlizations that were more knowledgable than any civilization today. The idea of the Clovis being the first in North America has also been debunked a long time ago.

There's no evidence of that (cultures, by the way, leave artifacts -- that's one of the ways they're defined.) And I agree that the Clovis people weren't the first on North America.

Why do you think many governemnts consider these systems to be national treasures and cultural treasures? These systems are the heart and soul of all Asian culture.

Which governments consider them to be national and cultural treasures? Could you provide links to sites for the governments (we have lots of links showing things like the Constitution is a national treasure and so forth... and I'm simply asking for clarification here since I haven't come across any such declarations (except on English language sites by people who don't actually live in the countries mentioned.))

Also, many things that people consider to be true cultures, are in fact simply human inventions, whereas Yoga and Qigong are actually beyond human levels and come from very high dimensions originally. In this sense they are not only human cultures, but true universal cultures. Thus we can call them cultures correctly, whereas primitive tribal living and dancing around fires painting your body is not true culture.

I'm a tad confused here. Could you explain how YOU define culture? I'm using the one that I learned when I took classes on anthropology and culture: www.tamu.edu... -- it seems to be the agreed upon definition.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
Baciscally you're trying to say this-

Created this-

KS1 is an Australian aborigine (they have heavier brow ridges and a much different facial structure) from long after they migrated to Australia. Australian aborigines aren't mental defectives or people with tiny brain cases and they do have very sophisticated cultural practices, an incredibly long oral history, and are as intelligent as you are. Yes, their bones look a little different but they're still homo sapiens just like the rest of us.

The cave paintings at Lascaux were made by homo sapiens. "Cro Magnon" actually isn't a separate species (it was a term used in the 1900's or so, but has been dropped after more of the remains came to light.) Cro Magnon is just goodole homo sapiens found in a certain area. Facial structure and all looks just like modern humans... shave 'em and give 'em a tie and you can't tell the difference:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Facial structure and all looks just like modern humans... shave 'em and give 'em a tie and you can't tell the difference:

I've seen that and similar comments for many years - interestingly it's always done for a male. I've never seen anyone make the comment for a female. (slap a blouse and skirt on them and untangle there hair, pluck those "squirrel tails" for eyebrows and you'd have someone who looked a like they were a surviver from a spa explosion.

Which brings to mind another thought, based on the reconstructions of Neanderthal faces, especially the females - once they saw "Cro-Magnon" women maybe they lost interest and develped an over interest in the more attractive homo sapiens - which led to warfare between the two species. ....ah l love wild speculation.

new topics

top topics

join