It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani Plans to Aid Hopefuls, for His Share

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Giuliani Plans to Aid Hopefuls, for His Share

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — With the Republican Party in need of money for the November elections, former Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani has offered to appear at fund-raisers around the country for G.O.P. candidates. But there is a catch: He wants some cash out of the deal.

Mr. Giuliani’s aides have told the National Republican Congressional Committee and Congressional candidates that if he makes an appearance, he wants the candidates to help him get rid of his presidential campaign debt.

The unusual request underscores the financial predicament Mr. Giuliani finds himself in, after he ended his presidential bid this year with roughly $3.6 million in campaign debt. Traditionally, prominent party figures help lower-tier candidates by headlining fund-raising events in return for good will and future political alliances, but do not receive funds themselves.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
How do you spell dispicable scumbag?

I spell it r...u...d...y....g...i...u...l...i...a...n...i!!!

The man makes me want to throw up. Thank God the Republicans had the decency (not something I will credit them with usually) not to go with this.... parasite.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wanting pay for services rendered? That sounds just like capitalism to me. Guliani should be ashamed of himself...evil capitalist.

Really, if a Republican thought that Guiliani could be of help to him in the next election, why not pay him to help campaign? You pay campaign managers, you pay staff, you pay media consultants, what's wrong with paying a celebrity campaigner?

I really think this stuff happens all the time, this is just the first time it has been reported this way.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by RRconservative]

[edit on 15-6-2008 by RRconservative]

join