It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists have proved for the first time that nucleobases found in meteorite are extraterrestrial

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

no, sorry, it still doesnt disprove the idea of God.
I really don't see how you could even make an argument that the bible refuts its self to refute God, by claiming God is a 7th dimensional being.

You are attaching human terminology to things in order to understand them within the limits of human capacity

that is a very....bold line of thinking

i accept the fact that there are limitless things in existence that i cannot comprehend. Human beings have tendency to take themselves too seriously and think they understand everything.

its really quite sad, and quite frankly goes against the motto of "deny ignorance"

ignorance is pretending to know you know everything (not insinuated towards you, Badge)

But if a person makes the claim that God can't exist because God can't be explained, then that person just proves everything i've just said.
They deny the possiblity of God because of their own ignorance.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Well thanks for the reply, but I don't think you read my post in the manner in which it was intended

I did not try to refute god, in fact, I don't see the need for the concept of a Supreme Being to be incompatible with Science.

I was just interested in your concept of Faith and the possibility of discovery of an alien race.

I chose the Nephilim because they are mentioned in the Bible.

So I suppose you did address the idea that Humans take themselves too seriously.

In fact a lot of the basis for religion seems to be based on the though that we are special and are the chosen ones, when that may not be the case as you can see in my quote from Genesis.

Perhaps you could read through it again and reply to the specific questions and not be so hung up on the idea of refutation.

I do happen to think it is possible that there is a Supreme Being and according to some of my readings it's feasible that he is a higher dimensional being.

Just as we are minor "gods" to beings that live in a 2-D world (Flatlanders), so a 7th dimensional being would be perceived by us as a "god" able to appear as omniscient and omnipresent.

It is we who give it a religious aspect. It may be that the Supreme Being, after creating us does not really 'care' about us beyond, maybe some curiosity.

I just wondered at the take a 'believer' like yourself might have if faced with some contradictions to normal beliefs that might occur if we did encounter a superior alien race.

Thanks.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
While this lends great fuel to the fire for advocates of panspermia in regards to life's origins on earth it is probably too early to tell. The reason I say this is because there was an apperent martian meteorite found in the arctic (pretty sure it was the arctic) that had what appeared to be extraterrestrial microbes on it and the red rain of kerala which both ended up running into walls. Kerala's red rain was terrestrial and the meteorite was inconclusive. I'm not saying anything disproves this, but just that we will have to wait for more information and see if there is a counter claim made by the scientific (geologists/biologists) community. Because of the initial excitement and hoopla surrounding the Martian Meteor and the Kerala Phenomenon, I believe it is too early to take a side on this until there is more released and this topic has run it's rounds for awhile. What a find if true!

I believe 100% there is life all over the universe.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join