It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THe death blow to man made global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

THe death blow to man made global warming

co2sceptics.com

Stephen Wilde has been a Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society since 1968. The first five articles from Mr Wilde were received with a great deal of interest throughout the Co2 Sceptic community.

In Stephen Wilde’s sixth and exclusive article for CO2Sceptics.Com he considers that the IPCC have failed to carry out any risk analysis for the potential for global cooling instead of global warming and that a repeat of the Little Ice Age a mere 400 years ago would cause mass starvation worldwide.co2sceptics.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
co2sceptics.com
co2sceptics.com

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
this is the best article in my opinion which tears apart man made global warming hypothesis.the chart proves that our sun is heating up and the main curprit is not us but the sun.
Of course there is nothing we can do to stop it but we can only adapt .Instead of levying carbon tax and carbon credits,govts should draw up plans in which they can adapt to the changing climate of our world.

co2sceptics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-6-2008 by greenjuice]

[edit on 13-6-2008 by greenjuice]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Add to this the researcher in Oz who has mapped a global 0.7 degree DROP in temps because of the lack of sun spot activity and you get the culprit right off.

Our very own sun.

Yes man is having an impact on the world, a bad impact, but credit is not given to the main player in our worlds ever fluctuating temps and conditions.

Our very own sun.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
Add to this the researcher in Oz who has mapped a global 0.7 degree DROP in temps because of the lack of sun spot activity and you get the culprit right off.

Our very own sun.

Yes man is having an impact on the world, a bad impact, but credit is not given to the main player in our worlds ever fluctuating temps and conditions.

Our very own sun.

Damn you dirty SUN!!!!!

Forget warming or cooling, I'm more worried about the vast amount of toxic chemicals that we put into the land, sea and air. These affect the reporductive ability of many species. And there is no denying the ever increasing rates of cancer in industrialized societies. Or not to mention the horrible lab concoctions that we call food, that are consumed by so many. Or the overuse of anti-biotics, hormones and other pharma-kool-ade that are used by so many.

These things are much scarier than the worst climate fluctuations.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
i totally agee with you. the climate is changeing but there are more important things we need to deal with first, the foods we eat are riddled with hidious chemicals and are slowly killing our brains, in the process we are destroying the ecology of the land with pesticides, without the bees and the birds and native plants where do we source our food, we need to stop thinking about what we want and focus on what we need. good brain food. I grow my own im a single parent living in an uban area on a council estate, its easily achived. it saddens me to think that one of our most basic needs is comeing last, the predictions of food wars seems inevitable!
peoples minds have been numbed and society would rather fill there tank up with fuel rather than puting ther body first.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
May I respectfully submit it is more than likely a combination of man/sun interactions.
Wait for it.....
LOL, you aint seen nothing yet.
Wait till the methane breaks in the tundra of russia and the artic.
The only happy beasts will be the buzzing flies.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenjuice
this is the best article in my opinion which tears apart man made global warming hypothesis.the chart proves that our sun is heating up and the main curprit is not us but the sun.

It doesn't explain how the sun burns rainforests, builds cities, creates contrails, or fills the air with pollution

www.independent.co.uk...

www.sciencedaily.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.sciencedaily.com...

The so-called sceptics conveniently ignore the non-carbon emission elements of anthropogenic climate change because they can't refute them.

Edit:

Originally posted by jpm1602
May I respectfully submit it is more than likely a combination of man/sun interactions.

May I respectfully submit that jpm1602 is probably spot on

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Essan]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I am saddened the most well controlled and with the most to lose...'astronauts'....have been chiming in on this.
I saw the Japanese science module being laid in with earth in the background. It looked like a dusky pall.
Sure. It could have been the atmospheric phenom at the time.
But it sure doesn't look like the blue marble of the sixties anymore.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Cooling would be a result of global warming.

How many times have people said this when sceptics have started a post about drops in global temperatures?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

IMO these are the environmental issues which we should be focussing on, rather than the red herring which is AGW.

Deforestation, industrial pollution, contaminants in the water (inc. oceans) are far more important and more easily actionable - if only the governments would stop caving in to pressure from corporations just so they can get money for re-election.

To All Readers:
Want to make a difference?

Stop going to McDonalds and other fast food outlets - have a read about their role in de-forestation and you'll find out why.

And that's just one small step - there's plenty of other small steps that can be taken by US that will lessen the effect that corporate leaches have on the planet.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Wait for it.....
LOL, you aint seen nothing yet.
Wait till the methane breaks in the tundra of russia and the artic.
The only happy beasts will be the buzzing flies.

Another overlooked factor is the role of the underwater volcanoes in all this. They have contributed significantly to localised ocean warming.

And for those who don't realise - underwater volcanoes are not like surface volcanoes - we are talking acres and acres of thousands and thousands of super-heated vents on the ocean floor. It is believed that a lot of these appeared or became active, in the early 1990s onwards.

I am glad you point out the tundra methane, and clathates bit. There is so much that people are not being told about.

I do fall in favour of the solar explanation though, as the biggest of them all. The 'climate change' on several other planets and moons seems to be connected to all this imho.

As for man's responsibility, I have campaigned for decades to end the chemical pollutants in agriculture, waterways, ground water, air - and I know only too well how grave that situation is. Mankind has irreversibly changed the global ecosystem with estrogen mimics; with poisons; with pharmaceuticals; with nanoparticles; with radioactive particles; with genetic alterations; with emf's/rf/microwaves/radar; to name a few. I wish more attention was focussed on these hazards, rather than CO2.

If mankind survives all of this, our descendants will consider us insane. And people wonder why aliens won't land on the Whitehouse lawn and disclose themselves? LOL!

peace

Duncan

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

The so-called sceptics conveniently ignore the non-carbon emission elements of anthropogenic climate change because they can't refute them.

so you are against biofuels and deforestation to increase albedo then? if so you're a CO2 sceptic yourself, because today's policies focus on CO2 and a few other trace gases only.

environmental protection and CO2 reduction are imho mutually exclusive as long as you wish to maintain a free society with adequate industrial capabilities.

========

but to the OP, thanks for the link it's written without alarmist, emotional nonsene ('act now!', 'for the children, etc.) which we've been accustomed to by the AGW crowd. it should be noted, however, that AGW never was about facts or sound decisionmaking, rather about removing buying power from the population, so a few elite minorities could gobble up even more.

i could say it was just about money, but i'd consider that an oversimplification.

PS: btw: mark my words, global warming will soon be replaced with peak oil, they removed safeguards and circumvented NYMEX anti-speculation guidelines to pull it off, probably among other things. see

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

Our very own sun.

Our very own sun.

The pro-AGW camp say that it has been "proven many times" (actually, only in one report, the second fell apart under scrutiny) that the sun doesn't have any effect at all on our climate.

They're missing one very large, obvious point: the sun is the very reason life exists!!!!

No sun, this Earth becomes very cold and dark indeed.

No... it has no effect at all...

Another point that seems to have even the most apparently level-headed of scientists looking like morons is the argument that Venus surface is molten because it's atmosphere is comprised of 80% CO2 and is a sign of what is to come for Earth........They forget that it is much closer to the Sun. D'oh!

Here are some other facts that mean Venus is nothing like Earth for any form of comparison: en.wikipedia.org...

How often do you hear it said that: "the Earth is in just the right orbit for life - too close and it's too warm, too far and it's too cold"?

Seems logic goes out the window as soon as the words "global warming" are said.

Just look at the effect the tilt of the Earth has on temperatures! Tilt away - winter, tilt towards - summer!

People really aught to get a grip on reality before it is too late.......

[edit on 29-6-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

join