It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unintentionally ignorant and offensive thread. Sorry.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
[I do not expect for all of my friends and others to understand satire. I can usually ignore most jabs at me.
However, seeing as I am pissing off people I like and respect, I am removing this thread. Take points if needed.

P.S. You guys can't read my real, and researched threads, but you all show up for breaking news and this crap. This website frustrates me.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yep.

That's exactly what happened.

No wonder those pesky stinky liberals want gun control...

No really, that is quite a sickening theory you have. Shame. Unless you're joking, which I certainly hope you are.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by mattguy404]

link   
this 'THEORY' your stating here is horribly un appropriate considering the situation, and shows you to be very callus and cruel.

Shame on you for your attempted political humor at the expense of a wounded child.
I am embarrassed for your parents that they raised you to find humor in the pain of a child.

I will be proud to ware a red warning flag from the moderators for my 'personal attack'........bring it.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

link   
Always great to see someone turn a tragic accident into a joke. Guess I am not surprised.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Oh come on JJ, surely you are above making a post like this....I really thought you were anyway.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Really? of all the things said at this website, and of all the props I have given you over the last 6 months, this is what you are mad at? It is called satire. Yes it is sad. Yes, I know that this shouldn't be used for political gain. NO, I am not a callous or insensitive person.

What I am, is perceptive. What does that mean? It means that there will be a LONG bandwagon that is jumped on involving cases like this. If you can't take satire sweetie, then don't read the post. I don't read all of yours either.

P.S. I am for trigger locks, as should all sane people.

And say a prayer for the little girl. I already did.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The real tragedy in this is that billions can be spent on bombs, planes and ships to delivery them, monitoring phones and airwaves, invading countries for their own good, but a grandmother can't take her granddaughter to a store without fear of a mugging or car jacking so she must carry a firearm.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think this must be the single most disgusting post I have ever read here at ATS. I really don't understand what goes on in the OP's head (or heart) that makes him write such garbage.

The human being that shot herself was a four year old child. A child, remember?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm not going to ban myself. I love you guys. I am sorry, seriously. It was truly meant to be satire. It just seems the only way I can get discussion on this site is to be inflammatory. Sorry to all.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I am posting this so that everyone who as offended can see my public apology...

I think I need a break for a couple days. I never thought that I would have to resort to inflammatory satire to be able to discuss relevant issues. Sorry again. I feel embarrassed.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Speaking personally, not as a moderator.

Enough with the piling on here. Hell, the guy said he apologized. Are any of us so perfect that everything we do is always correct?

As a member, I see a lot of tasteless threads, and yes, this was one. But the OP took a second look, and came here and apologized to the members. What do you all want, for him to slash his wrists?

I for one accept your apology.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Although whatever the offending matter was, I don't know, it's been edited out.

You've had your blowout, now you can move on.

Besides, it's not like people weren't warned, but they came anyway.
So they shouldn't be offended by whatever it was.

Blowing out..over and out.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
awww Jason..........nobody ALWAYS makes 'perfect threads'.........we all say the wrong thing sometimes and find humor in something that may offend others.

I think you show true backbone in your apologizing. I was frankly so surprised to find the u2u from you I came back here to thank you for going above and beyond in making amends...I am sorry I bit back at you so hard as well.

Im sure with a nice u2u aimed at a supermod this whole thread can be made extinct.

Don't leave the site.......you add valuable insight and thoughtful opinions.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Unintentionally ignorant and offensive thread. Sorry.

You had to think about it before you posted it, therefore the court rules that this was a premeditated ignorant and offensive thread.

But since i didnt get to read it, i accept your apology. I was not offended.

On the other hand, for those who did read it, GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY!!!

Time served.

(Its a joke so dont tell me to pound sand)

top topics

join