It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird sighting by Hill Air Force Base.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I was visiting my parents who live in Northern Utah very close to Hill Air Force Base. And it's a very common thing for all sorts of military aircraft to fly over head. Fighter jets are flying to the Wendover deserts day and night all week long. So, to say the least, you get used to VERY loud planes flying over head at all times. Big, small, fast, slow, the planes are always over head. It's always been a favorite pass time of mine to watch the planes. Over a couple years you learn where in the sky they usually fly, what kind of planes they are, and where they are flying. So, here is where the story of mine gets kind of weird. I've never been the one for skeptical sightings and stuff like that. I'm not against it by any means. I just don't have alot of time to think about stuff like that.

As you might know i'm in the military, so seeing military planes is just another day at the office. So, i'm sitting on my back porch watching the fighter jets fly back and forth from the base. They fly in close formations and usually no less then two. As i'm sitting i'm scanning the sky for more planes and right in the spot directly North of me, I see this plane pop out of thin air. I mean I saw it just appear there like it was coming out of being invisible, or entering our dimension. It was a F-16 that just popped out of nowhere. And there was no sound at all UNTIL the plane came into sight. It was really weird.

I was curios to know what this could possibly be. Aside from my vision going wrong. What else could it be? I'm not familiar with any projects, conspiracy's, or anything like that. So, I figured i'd ask the professors!

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The Lawn Dart can be very hard to see sometimes. I used to barely be able to pick them out on 2 mile short final. As for the sound, under the right conditions any jet engine can be pretty quiet. There were a few times when even when they were on the overhead Lawn Darts and Eagles would have the engine noise fade in and out because of conditions.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

I 'd go for one of them air, mid-air mirage effects, like the green flash or seeing water on the blacktop in the desert that's really a displaced sighting of the blue sky just not right-sightlined up, due to what is it, boundary conditions between two layered air masses of different temperatures?
(obviously I am not an expert but just a cheerful ignoroid)
So maybe the air was lensing a little bit and showing some other sky that was not right behind it ( the plane being behind it) until the plane travelled through that misleading air patch and was in front of it, at which point you saw it.
Even that water-on-the-desert-road mirage, I seen it a million times, but I don't properly understand the layout.
What's the saying...." The explanation is the whip, and you bleed."

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story.

It sounds like you are pretty familiar with the coming and going of aircraft so I would tend to believe it was something out of the ordinary.

Maybe it has an experimental craft of some sort.

Let us know if you get any clues.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Maybe the military contractors have worked out the kinks in the Philadelphia Experiment

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I will ditto this. I live on an Air Force base (F16s) and see them day and night (aaaaahhhhhhh). My experience is exactly what you have described!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
"The Lawn Dart can be very hard to see sometimes. I used to barely be able to pick them out on 2 mile short final."

The F-16 was designed inherently to be hard to see and especially from a front/rear quarter perspective. It's a hard plane to get your eyes on when conditions are good much less when they are maybe less so.

And, there really isn't any reason for the USAF to be using it's "super invisible molecular transportation" device for routine training flights in and out of a major base in a major metro area within sight of onlookers. None.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply! I've been looking at these planes for years, even before the military. I wouldn't post a made up story of something not that strange. It was a strange sight for me to say the least. I'm very familiar with seeing these planes as well. And I personally can see lots of reasons for the USAF using "invisible" devices with their planes. Who knows whats going on on "routine" training with one of the richest, most powerful countrys on Earth.

I'm not a guy that saw a fighter plane appear out of nowhere one time. I've been watching these planes for years and i'm in the Marines. I've seen planes in action, on the runway, anyway you can see a plane. I know a weird sight when you see one.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I was stationed at Hill for about 5 years, just leaving last November. I know tons of people that worked on the flightline and on all sorts of things. I too saw all the jets taking off all day long....I would imagine that it was something normal and just kinda played tricks on your eyes.

Who knows though...I wouldnt put anything past them.

top topics

join