It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My own UFO experience...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hi I’m new to posting on this site but have been coming to this here for some time, I decided to finally make a contribution and add my own two cents.

I do not have an abduction story only an ‘encounter’ and even at that I will tell you, it was freaky. Somerset as I’m sure many on this forum is something of a UFO hotspot, if you don’t well it is. It is also a place of much military activity, I’m certain, almost %90 certain that there is a base there that looks into the UFO phenomena, but without proof it’s hard to say.

My experience was only a small one, but it was enough for me. I’m into conspiracies and aliens and stuff and a great lover of Sci-Fi although I have enough commonsense to know when something isn’t kosher.

At the time I was walking the dog, I was in a field that is just outside my father’s house which most of the time is full of cows (yes it stinks!). The thing that caught my attention was the complete lack of silence in a field, if you live on a farm or near one, you know there is constant noise. This either came from the cows, birds or insects…there was nothing, complete silence.

I suppose it was some form of sixth sense that made me look up, y’know – the feeling that you’re being watched. I saw in the break between the clouds and saw what *looked* at first like a plane. It was slightly triangular in shape and looked like a fighter jet, the only problem was, it was completely and utterly still…as in no movement at all. It wasn’t a helicopter either, that much I’m certain of.

For approximately five minutes or so I stood and watched it with my hand raised to shield my eyes and watched stunned as it shot of into the cloud line, the second thing that amazed me was the lack of sound, it wasn’t until after at least a minute that the sonic boom followed.

That’s it, my one and only sighting…I’ve looked online for it *everywhere* and have never been able to locate anything that looks like it.

~ D-Blade

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hiyah Dark Blade

Thanks for sharing your encounter! Somerset? I am not sure where that is? What country or state?

That's amazing you haven't been able to find anything similar, describe it for us and maybe others on here have seen it?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
For those who are wondering where Somerset is, like I was, it's in South West England.

You meantioned a sonic boom? Well that's not a common thing with UFOs, as far as I know.

the second thing that amazed me was the lack of sound, it wasn’t until after at least a minute that the sonic boom followed.

Do you mean the object disappeared, and then a minute later you heard something what sounded like a sonic boom?

[edit on 7 Jun, 08 by dramafreak]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dark blade

Welcome to ATS posting darkblade.

Yes I was wondering which Somerset, England or USA ?

Also the date and time might be useful.

How high was it roughly, you say between a break in the cloud so I am assuming above cloud level, how high was the cloud base.

Do you know the name of the military base ?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If you watched it 5 minutes did you notice any lights? Did you ever see the under belly of the craft and was it domed? Did it seem to be playfully gliding along the cloud base?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Hiyah Dark Blade

Thanks for sharing your encounter! Somerset? I am not sure where that is? What country or state?

That's amazing you haven't been able to find anything similar, describe it for us and maybe others on here have seen it?

Howdy!

Somerset is a county in the South West of England.

It’s hard to describe it in great detail, it happened quite a while ago. .

Originally posted by dramafreak
For those who are wondering where Somerset is, like I was, it's in South West England.

You mentioned a sonic boom? Well that's not a common thing with UFOs, as far as I know.

the second thing that amazed me was the lack of sound, it wasn’t until after at least a minute that the sonic boom followed.

Do you mean the object disappeared, and then a minute later you heard something what sounded like a sonic boom?

[edit on 7 Jun, 08 by dramafreak]

Yes, the object shot off into the clouds at an incredible speed and then the sonic boom appeared a minute after.

Originally posted by sherpa
reply to post by dark blade

Welcome to ATS posting darkblade.

Yes I was wondering which Somerset, England or USA ?

Also the date and time might be useful.

How high was it roughly, you say between a break in the cloud so I am assuming above cloud level, how high was the cloud base.

Do you know the name of the military base ?

Thanks

There’s a Somerset in the ‘States? Typical American’s stealing all our names *winks*.

Height, no idea, lets just say it was up high, I too would assume cloud level.

Originally posted by antar
If you watched it 5 minutes did you notice any lights? Did you ever see the under belly of the craft and was it domed? Did it seem to be playfully gliding along the cloud base?

Nope nothing at *all* unfortunately ‘cause it was so high I couldn’t make out much detail, which is a pity. My fathers neighbour told me stories of military aircraft buzzing houses around there, she told me of one of her friends who woke up one morning, opened the curtains and found herself staring at a freaking helicopter…

It is my belief that this craft was man made, but was advanced…like *advanced*, again as I said, it was like a fighter jet but more triangular, definitely human, but not totally human, if you catch my drift.

Thanks for the kind comments, I wasn’t sure if this was the right place to put this, and I wasn’t even sure if I should class it as an encounter as A: it happened a while ago, B: it was man made and C: I had no MIB visit…

~DB

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
60 seconds sound delay is 20 km away. At this distance, it must have been huge to even notice the triangular shape. Quite unlike a fighter plane for sure.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
*whistles*

Damn I bet that thing had some engines on it. Anyone else had anything similair?

top topics

join