It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the White House Have a Secret Laser Defense?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Does the White House Have a Secret Laser Defense?

There are all kinds of stories about how the White House is defended. One urban legend says Stinger anti-aircraft missiles are supposedly perched on the roof. According this 1998 report by Human Rights Watch, Pennsylvania Avenue may be protected by a laser weapon, meant to ward off 9/11-style suicide attacks.

More/Source: blog.wired.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well, they have an infra-red and/or laser perimeter set up. If you look at the iron fence around the White House property itself, there are stone columns every 50-100 feet (been a while since I was there). At the tops of these are little holes in the columns, which I assume contain a little IR device, essentially an IR trip-wire to alert the guards that the perimeter has been breached. Last time I was there, we were speculating how far you would get if you jumped the fence before the Secret Service or god knows who tackled you (If you were lucky) or shot you. There are all kinds of places within 50 feet of the fence inside WH grounds which look like little "pop-up" emplacements. In other words, you jump the fence, and a couple of dudes in camo pop out of the nearest bush and take you down. That was what it looked like, at least! Andy

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I know they have snipers on the roof of the white house that shoot anyone that breaches the perimeter, but I'm not sure about guys with stinger missiles, laser weapons, or guys with camo hiding in a bush.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Given that portable laser dazzlers with a range of over a mile have been around for a while, I can't see why they would not use a couple to defend the White House. Unlike other laser dazzlers, there are no legal issues, and it's a perfect environment (they're not going to get dropped, knocked around etc as they would in the field). If it makes the difference between a plane hitting the White House or missing it by 100 yards, why not?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
if you miseed the white house you might make it hit a neighborhood instead how would that be better

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wembley

This is (the reaper) im waitin for my password to be sent cause I forgotr it but

I think this is an intresting thread.....I am LMAO at the get tackled by who knows what lolz...just thinking about some guy in camo hopping out a bush and tackling you makes me laugh...Hahahaha lol wow that is funny if it were true

I hope somebody tries it in the future and I hope an x football player camo guy hops out the bushes and tackles that guy

top topics

join