It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kraft Foods: Skeezy Not Just Cheesey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Europe is way ahead of the U.S. in protecting its citizens against harmful additives pushed by major food corporations such as Kraft Foods. First it was Aspartame and then High Fructose Corn Syrup, now it's Food Dyes.

What the hell good is the FDA? With news out today that a significant portion of our military is on Prozac or some other type of mood or behavior modification drug, shouldn't we at least demand more research and accountability from food manufacturers as well as the FDA?

I am sure the food lobby is huge in the U.S. I wonder how much control they exert over at the FDA?

Food Dye Ban In Europe But Not America

Since the 1970's numerous studies have shown a link between food dyes and hyperactivity and other behavioral problems in kids. For almost four decades the FDA has disputed such assertions by claiming that color additives undergo safety reviews prior to approval. But in actuality the FDA does not test artificial dyes, but instead requires the manufacturers to list the ingredients on its label and to do animal testing on their own with repeated exposure to determine whether dyes cause harmful effects.

Although the FDA reports that some individuals are sensitive to Yellow #5 and break out in hives, the agency does not agree with the conclusions about ADHD or asthma or for that matter hyperactivity (that has been asserted in dozens of studies over the years). Recently the issue resurfaced when a consumer advocacy group known as the Center for Science in the Public Interest called for the FDA to outright ban their useā€¦

A research study at Southampton University found a statistically significant link between hyperactive behavior and the consumption of certain artificial colors, including Red 40 and Yellow 5. The petition to the FDA by the Center for Science in the Public Interest is specifically citing the colors included in these findings. In Europe this study moved The European Food Safety Authority to acknowledge a "limited evidence" of a link between dyes and hyperactivity. This recognition motivated the U.K's Food Standards Agency to recommend that by the end of 2009, food manufacturers should stop using several artificial colors. It also called for the UK to lobby for a Europe-wide ban.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The FDA is worthless. It's all run by idiots who have a stake in the companies that they are supposed to be monitoring. Monitoring them all the way to the proverbial bank. If you can find the movie "The Future Of Food" there's some great stuff in there about the FDA and Monsanto. They just bounce back and forth between Monsanto and the FDA, making laws to help Monsanto then going to Monsanto as a high-up muckety muck and making serious money. It's a huge joke. The FDA would also be complicit in irradiating all our food if the Codex goes through, which looks to be a done deal as far as I can tell.

I try and educate people about the food crisis, how screwed up it all is. No one listens. Just like many other topics that are affecting us here and now, it seems as if people are just deaf, dumb and blind.

Here's an interesting article, where the writer isn't allowed to try and give advice on how to heal that old fart Ted Kennedy - the FDA won't allow it. What a farce.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
WOW!

I love that web site but I had not yet read that article. Thank You!

I urge everyone, especially Boomers, to click the link.

For goodness sake, think twice about "maintenence" drugs unless it's a last resort!

And definitely avoid food additives...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

The FDA is worse than worthless, they are corporate.

Our politicians 'sold' it to the corporate wealth machine. We need to declare 'eminent domain' and take it back.

(along with the DHHS, DoD, DOE, NASA, EPA, Dept of Education, VA, and all the other 'corporatized' agencies that belong to the people of the United States of America)

new topics

top topics

join