It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an idea for ATS (what you think?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wouldnt it be cool if there was also an option to have all typed threads and their replies read/spoken to you by way of a computer voice? This way, it would do wonders for ppl who lack reading comprehension skills. Some ppl hear to understand better than they can read to understand. This would indeed put a stop to those who have an issue over understanding a thread just because punchuantion aint correct in what isnt even an punchuation exame to begin with.

There is no popular message board forum with an option like this idea. ATS could be the first. The option should also have a rate changer on it so ppl can have threads/replies read out loud to them fast, medium, or slow. It would be even cooler if the voice could come in male or female depending on the thread maker or reply maker.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

"it deosn't mtater waht odrer the lteetrs are in, you can undretsand it as lnog as the frist and lsat ltteers are wehre tehy souhld be!"

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
reply to post by Mabus

"it deosn't mtater waht odrer the lteetrs are in, you can undretsand it as lnog as the frist and lsat ltteers are wehre tehy souhld be!"

I gotta hear that pronounced!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
they have text to speech software you can download and you can use that.

blind people use these programs in order to work online.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Windows has a built in reader that works too.

Cool idea though! I've never considered the ATS and the visually impaired before.

new topics

top topics

join