It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How China Got The F-16 Secrets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Which is why I suspect you won't see the F-22 sold to Israel, barring some major arms export deal to Iran or Syria in the future. The JSF is only slightly more likely. I think they'll be left on the vine for awhile. They'll have to "make do" with 4.5 toys. If they really wanted to twist the tiger's tail, they'd buy their next gen equipment from Russia or China when it's available.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Just to reassure you - i never bitten another person (hand or other parts). Seriously. And as far as i recall, i never sold anything to China/Chinese person.

As for all these examples - i still see no US hardware being transferred. If technology was sold - i already said that it is not acceptable.( But at least Harpy is Israeli design.)
And you again ignore the fact that US companies also worked with China.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Elta, the electronics division of Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), has a version of the AESA, according to the retired general. "We need our own radar that we don't share with others. We also need our own advanced radar warning and active jamming." The Israeli AESA was flown last year; but for now it remains a generic system, not tailored to any specific aircraft�—although it's sized for an F-16, an Elta official says. Flight trials are continuing.

www.military.com...

alot of `stuff` about the Israel pressure for block 1 F35`s - and how they want to use there own equipment and weapons (and want the US to certify them as well for use)

and it just gets better:

Another major issue is what comes with the aircraft and what is Israel allowed to develop on its own. Industry officials are struggling with the problem since the F-35 has a highly integrated sensor suite that makes it harder to replace one black box with another. A senior Lockheed Martin official says Israel will not be allowed to simply replace parts of the electronic suite.

However, an IAI executive sees a workaround. The company expects to build JSF structural elements. Once the structure is well understood, there could be opportunities for embedding unique sensors, he says. The information from these sensors could be shown in the cockpit through bolt-on displays if integration proves too difficult.

bold = mine

`Once the structure is well understood` - ie they`ve ripped it apart , reverse engineered it and sold it to China.

i am quite concerned now about the entire sale to Israel - let alone early - just at all.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

here's a link to an ongoing discussion about the possibility that the F-22 might be sold to Israel. I for one hope that the US will decline.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
The J10 looks something like the American F-16, and weighs about the same (19 tons). Like the F-16 the J10 has only one engine.

LoL LOL LOL what a load of rubbish. That article is distorted political drivel with minimal factual content.

However the LAVI connection is old news, like 10-15 years old news. And at the end of the day the J-10 doesn't even look that much like the LAVI anyway, it's an indigenous design with technology assisted by Israelis. Remember that LAVI cancellation was an American deed (rightly or wrong depends on your POV).

Also, US sold "advanced" fighter tech to China in 1980s (Gruman upgraded J-8s demonstrators) as did Italy (A-5 mods) and I think France. And other military techs from UK too (not fighter I don't think).

Just remember that America's new anti-China stance is far younger than the J-10.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Absolutely, in fact the J-10 is far more based upon an earlier Chinese design, the J-9 which was in existence before the Lavi even hit the drawing board.

The concept of it being copied directly from the Lavi is based upon a image from years ago which was indeed a picture of a Lavi with Chinese markings edited on. Although the two aircraft are very similar, so too are the EF-Typhoon and the Dassault Rafale.

In addition the Lavi was started as a project to provide Israel with a domestic fighter which was nessicary after the Carter administrations policy of opposing the sale of defence tech to Israel.

Please remember that over the years the use of F-15s and 16s by Israel has proven highly useful to the US as they have gained huge amounts of information on their abilities in combat.

Jensy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join