It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Example of a Politician Just Making Stuff Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This from Barbara Boxer's radio address on global warming:

These words stay with me: 'When God created the first man, he took him around to all the trees in the Garden of Eden and said to him "see my handiwork, how beautiful and choice they are. Be careful not to ruin and destroy my world, for if you do ruin it, there is no one to repair it after you."'

Source

You would think she might actually read the Bible if she's going to quote from it. Just in case you weren't aware, this passage she's "quoting" isn't anywhere in the story of the garden of Eden. It's totally made up nonsense that she put in her speech to make it sound like passing the cap-and-trade legislation was ordered by God.

Do these people have no shame??

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That is because she is quoting from her own bible that belongs to her own religion, not the accepted current bible translations.

Its funny how the global warming followers are trying so hard to combine existing religious beliefs into their belief system. The the elites of the GW doctrine don't even practice what they preach. They tell people not to ruin the world while they fly around in their carbon spewing private jet.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

She needs to find another speech writer. "These words stay with me:"
Wow, I agree, that was pretty idiotic.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by clay2 baraka]

join