It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Proverbs Cure Disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I am a Messianic Jew missionary faith healer and atheologist. I travel back and forth the world over in my work as an atheologist. I am a full partner in an atheism treatment center located in South Africa. As part of my research I have been examining the internet and this site appeared in my search engine lists. This topic is not about atheism, thats work. I look forward to spreding some healing and sharing the blessings of Africa and the Lord.

Nalukolekejaga sonda (ng'weli) walola lwala. (Sukuma)

Nilikuonyesha nyota (mwezi) na uliangalia kidole tu. (Swahili)

I pointed out to you the stars (the moon) and all you saw was the tip of my finger. (English)

This Sukuma proverb also teaches that sometimes people can focus on the wrong part or point of a particular subject such as African culture, that is, look at the tip of the finger of the culture rather than its stars. Such as an atheist worshipping the creation rather than the creator. The challenge of inculturation and contextualization is to go beyond the superficial changes in liturgy and religious symbols to an all-encompassing pastoral inculturation that has African flesh and blood. Similarly, atheists can focus on the wrong part or point of the Bible and the teachings of Jesus Christ to pervert it to their own agenda of hate and dissention.. The challenge is to go beyond the rules and regulations of the Bible to a complete transformation in the Christian life.

This Sukuma proverb also hints at the vast treasure and many possibilities in using African proverbs and other forms of African oral literature and oral communication to preach the gospel and develop an inculturated and contextualized African Christianity. This is one of the great challenges of inculturation in the Christian Churches in Africa today: to make a correlation between African oral literature and cultural symbols and Christianity and to express this in pastoral theological reflections and actions that concretely speak to people's every day life. This has cured the African strain of Atheism quite effectively. To cure African atheism includes both theology and praxis in developing a functional African Christianity and an applied pastoral inculturation.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
all things considerd i like that proverb its nice. but i hate to point something out to you atheisim isent a disease its a belife. you cant cure a disease that dosent exsist. you can change a persons belife but not by force. spouting archaic proverbs wont change a belife of some one with strentgh of will or conviction in said belife.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I pointed out to you the stars (the moon) and all you saw was the tip of my finger.

OK so its like an atheist looks up to the sky and instead of the uiniverse being infinite and awesome to make him see the3res a God he just sees his own finger. Right Rev? I think I get it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Yosimitie Sam

You got it right Yosomite! yes yes yes that is correct now.

Now I have provided a documentary that explains the disease concept The Rev Samuel TopHat Jackson Atheism Treatment Center

Mod Edit: Link url corrected. Please allow members to star posts as they see fit instead of trying to manipulate them, if your posts are good enough they will not require underhand techniques. Please refrain from such action again. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 3/6/08 by JAK]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I voted for myslef of course is that against the rules? I only copied the link I had in my window? Not sure what I did wrong but no cheating of any sort was intended in ratings, any ways i do apolgize for my mistake.

NOW

Ahari amahoro umuhoro uramwa. (Rundi)

Là où il y a la paix une serpette peut raser/couper les cheveux. (French)

Kuliko na amani mundu hunyoa ndevu/hukata nywele. (Swahili)

Where there is peace, a billhook (sickle) can be used to shave your beard or cut your hair. (English)

Can anyone help to interpret this one?

join