It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zedd's Webhead Awards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, to all you fellow surfers out there greetings. I tend to run across a variety of sites mainly for design reasons. I never know why I might visit a site, but usually I like them for their design, use of color, usability for surfers, and/or code.

That being said, I run across many that I like a lot for various reasons. I will continue to post them here as I find them.

www.gumblondes.com...
Not only that...some great Flash design.
"Each Gum Blonde is 100% chewed bubblegum on a plywood backing."
Highly original!
Overall

www.webagent007.com...
Flash design guru. This site was mentor to so many on the web. Now after a redesign...it's even better. One of my favs.
Overall

www.lefthandside.com...
Very nice and original opposite layout . Good artwork.
Overall

Switch to Linux
Flash ad spoof. This features the benefits of Linux for careers such as being a Supervillan.

Overall

Kettering Univ
Flash ad for enrollment. Great college ad.
Overall

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
www.imagonewmedia.com...
I really like this super clean flash/html layout. Great use of colors and the overall effect comes out "minimalist". That means pleanty of eye-catching white space.
Overall:

www.typorganism.com...
Amazing site! ASCII image maker with Colin Powell's face? Check. Sweet flash DNA helix? Check.
Overall:

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A couple good ones for today.

www.flashgoddess.com...
FlashGoddess.com is a resource and community site showcasing and promoting women who work with Macromedia Flash.
This site is a nice resource and shows what some great designers are doing.
Gives links to designers like www.nicolestewart.com...
Overall:

www.arteye.com...
Personal site of designer Jason Kirtley. This is a great flash site and shows some great design elements.
Another fav I visit on a regular basis.
Overall:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
www.pixelranger.com...

This one looks pretty good. But I am no web designer. Just thought I would let you have a look Zedd

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
www.pixelranger.com...

This one looks pretty good. But I am no web designer. Just thought I would let you have a look Zedd

It is good. I like the Flash work Shane has there and I can tell you, that is many hours of hard work. The core ideas of his site actually came from the masters of flash - 2advanced.com... which recently launched a new version. Their old site was very similar to pixelranger's site in layout, colors, and concept.

Still, a good portfolio site.
Overall:

Note - Just a comment anout Flash. While I'm just like others with the ohhh and ahhh of Flash. I tend to get just as amazed by good old text and html sites when done well.

Want some insane Flash?
www.theory7.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Want some insane Flash?
www.theory7.com...

No that is cool!!!

I bet that took a month of Sundays to build.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm a big fan of www.derbauer.de... Its by far one of the best overall flash sites I've ever seen. Simply amazing.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Grommer]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grommer
I'm a big fan of www.derbauer.de... Its by far one of the best overall flash sites I've ever seen. Simply amazing.

Oh yeah! That is a great site Grommer.
I just click-clicked through it, but for look, layout, color, and Flash? That's a

www.studiotimo.com...
Overall:

www.andyfoulds.co.uk...
Overall:

Both of these sites are made with super squeaky clean flash work. Great color use, but yet they both have a minimalist feel to them. Neither seems to overpower you.

And now the big gun...

www.ifacedesign.com...
Go for the full broadband if you can. This flash work is insanely good. Rather than the standard closed in blacks, etc...the team here went for more "white space".
Overall:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
very nice finds. hey, zed, are you ever over at www.devshed.com or dslreports.com? devshed probably has the best forum for development, and dslreports.com's forums are just fun.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You bet Grommer. I probably have hit them all at one time or another.

www.clusta.com...
More great flash stuff.
Overall:

www.redmulletdesign.com...
Don't want to or can't use flash? Here is a nice site done in html you might want to look at.
Overall:

www.visiondc.com...
Oh so hot! Those damn Canadians! Wait, I'm one of those....
Overall:

www.groovy.co.uk...
Think you're groovy? Naaaa, here's Groovy.
Overall:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Another really neat flash website.

www.whoswestudios.com...

Click on "Who's we 1.0" in the down right corner.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
And more...

www.aiwa.com...
Amazing new site for Aiwa! Yes, the electronics company that seemed to disappear for some time.
Overall:

www.changethethought.com...
Personally, I like this update from this Florida design company. I like the sounds and the nice navigation.
Overall:

www.globz.net...
JUST FOT FUN! Keyball is a cool little soccer/football game you can play with a friend or against the computer.
Overall:

Watch This!
Rockstar Games - Drums
Awesome little flash with drums.
Overall:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sorry guys, but although these sites have fantastic flash creations at the end of the day its search engine hits that count.

This site
www.studiotimo.com...

looks great but nothing written in the flash gets indexed, and there are only 2 to 3 pages in google that mention the site, most seemingly as a flash designer.

For all the glitz of a flash site, you are still just shouting in an empty room, a well coded html page with a small flash component, is still the best way to make a site.

Unless the owner manually submits or pays for ranking in a search engine, then they will never get indexed. Nor will any updates get noticed.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Sorry guys, but although these sites have fantastic flash creations at the end of the day its search engine hits that count.

Oh I HEAR you there NC.

That's why I put these up here, since you could probably NEVER find them with a searchengine.

Anyway, just some fun stuff...I personally like straight html design anyway.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Nice to hear Zed

Thats the eternal debate in web design.

There are countless courses that teach you how to use flash etc to make a good page, and heaps of pages that get awards using exclusivly flash.

But all these are beaten in the end where it counts in the search engines by a simple hand coded html page.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
More incredible Flash goodness:

www.joshuadavis.com...

www.presstube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
FINALLY FOUND IT!

Pure HTML/DHTML goodness! This is one AMAZING SITE!
Overall:

www.lowe-tech.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
DAMN! ONE MORE!

This site is great! If your a coder, dissect this site and then TELL ME it doesn't amaze you. Seriously!!
(Netchicken??)
Overall:

www.hypermix.com...

Took me a month to remember the neme Vex Fluxor, Super Villan to find it.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
hella funny site where you can pimp slap your friends online

link

top topics

join