It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Ghost Image I Took[HOAX]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
admin edit The following is yet another lame example of those who think it's fun to try to hoax their betters getting spanked on ATS.

Hello everyone.

I just joined this website to get your opinions on a photo I took the other day. Keep in mind when you look at the picture, I dont own a cat and nor was there one present when I took the picture. I'm really confused and I'd consider myself extremely skeptical of ghosts, but after looking at this picture, I honestly dont know what to think. By the way, if you're curious as to why I took a random picture inside my house, its because were getting ready to sell it and I've just been snapping away for a potential buyer.

[edit on 5-29-2008 by Springer]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Are you going to tell the buyers the place is haunted?

I'm seeing some shadows around the front paws I think.
But let's wait for a few of the others.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm gunna sayyyy no.

Good job trying to get dumbasses to look bad.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
yeah, i randomly take pictures of nothing at ground level too . . .

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by two ton alien

sure...
you had to show the buyer the part where the floor & wall meets

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
No offence, but that is one of the worse Photoshop pics I have seen to date. Honestly, it looks like a real beginners work.

You say you were taking random pictures of your house for a potential buyer, but why would you take a picture of the floor, chair legs and the bottom of a wall? was the potential buyer only 2 feet high??

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Nice pixelat6ion around the cat there, watch it next time you decide to make a fake.
Also make it for more natural angles, don't shoot at ground level or a weird spaz angle.
Remember that vague suggestions goa a long way, an obviouse spirit is passed over fairly quickly, but a vague hint of something gets about a three page debate.
Weak story to, mneed to work on it.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The picture was larger. I zoomed in and cut out the rest around the ghost cat. I seriously wish I saved the original...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Well since you already replid, noticed you missed the back paw. Still white and pink there. Yeesh, imagine if a expert got in here...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Well since you already replid, noticed you missed the back paw. Still white and pink there. Yeesh, imagine if a expert got in here...

What? I dont even know what you're trying to suggest here. Yes, I see its back paw, trust me, I looked over this image for a long time...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
That's not a photoshop at all. Just a double negative. Good try.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I'm sure. Look, when you used pphotoshop or whatever to make the image, whicher tool you used didn't get all of the cat, it left off some of the back paw. the white definietly stands out, as does the pink pads. If you used the magic select or anything in PhotoShop with a gradient select, it cut off before selecting the entire cat. So cut it out. I don't have access to any paint programs or anything here, but tomorrow if you don't come clean I'lll have access to a computer I can actually examine the picture with. A hoax can and will get you banned. Admit it now, or loose all credibility you could possibly salvage form backing out now and apologizing.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Ghost photoshopped pictures are some serious business.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I'm sure. Look, when you used pphotoshop or whatever to make the image, whicher tool you used didn't get all of the cat, it left off some of the back paw. the white definietly stands out, as does the pink pads. If you used the magic select or anything in PhotoShop with a gradient select, it cut off before selecting the entire cat. So cut it out. I don't have access to any paint programs or anything here, but tomorrow if you don't come clean I'lll have access to a computer I can actually examine the picture with. A hoax can and will get you banned. Admit it now, or loose all credibility you could possibly salvage form backing out now and apologizing.

I'll never back down, what you're looking at is real!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
uk.rottentomatoes.com...

Ever get the feeling somebody, somewhere is laughing at you?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Definately shopped, not very well either IMO.
It looks like 2 photos spliced together, you can see the ghost image is slightly off from the original, lines of tiles, rug, chair etc. are slightly off to the right.

Poor effort, must try harder, D-

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
To be fair, he didn't use photoshop, and he really took a photo of the cat. But as you can see from the rest of the photo with the motion blur, he used a slow shutterspeed which means anything that is moving will show up as a ghost image. The cat came into the frame while the picture was being snapped, sat still for a split second, and then walked away. This left the ghost image of the cat.

This is why the chair in the photo is also transparent, because the photographer did not hold the camera steady while taking the photo.

If that is really your photo, and you claim to not have cat, then perhaps one came into your house looking for food.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Brighter colors such as the white paw, will reflect more light back to the sensor/film plane of the camera, thus they will not appear as transparent (or "ghost like") while a long shutterspeed is used.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentStovkowski

Ah, ok. I thought he was using the magic selection tool or something in Photoshop, I've seen similar images made with it.
Thanks for the info.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
uk.rottentomatoes.com...

Ever get the feeling somebody, somewhere is laughing at you?

This was great- anyone who hasnt followed the link should have a look. It is entertaining

top topics

<<   2 >>

join