It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

intercepted phone call???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
i was setting at my desk when i recieved a phone call on my cell from a VERY peculiar looking phone number. Typically i'll let someone leave a message if i don't recognize the number, so i let it ring.

Nobody left a message, but almost 3 minutes later, called again.
I answered.

In a very heavy accent (what i took as maybe spanish??) a man said what i thought was "is the bomb ready"

Now as i said, it could have been something else, but to me it sounded like "is the bomb ready?"

When i said "HUH????"
the phonecall hung up..

Here is the number (you'll see what i mean about strange)

506 223 49086

from what i gather on google searches, this is a called-ID spoofer. Could it be a prank? Or could someone have dialed the wrong number?

I've had strange things happen on my cell before.
Once, an employee of mine called my cell and the voice mail picked up - but instead of her leaving a message, it actually recorded this employee having a conversation with a woman whom i've never heard before.
The conversation was

Is (my name) there?
woman: Im sorry i know nobody by that name
employee: oh........ok then...
*click*

I tell you that story because it could also be that the phone lines got mixed up?
Part of me is skeptical, part of me is worried. Should i report it?
If i report it, and they investigate and it ends up being nothing, i dont want to be blamed or get in trouble....

Who has any ideas!?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ybab hsur

Nothing to worry about. Just the phone lines getting mixed up. Happens all the time to me.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
could be

but i bring up the phone number again

506-223-49086

or you can look at it as

1-506-223-49086

either way - its got 1 extra digit at the end......

im not trying to disprove your optimism, but i want to make sure you caught that part of it.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
have you tried calling it back?
could be that your number is similar to some secret agent, i just say that so this isn't a one line post, call 'em back.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I tried, when i do that the verizon automated response comes on and says that it's an invalid #. (the extra digit at the end)

It could be nothing, but the reason im asking you guys is that some of my RL friends said i need to report it, but im hesitant to report it because if it ends up being nothing i dont want to cause a stir and maybe even get in trouble myself.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
don't get alarmed about it. it happens on occasion, but...

It sounds to me like the call you received was being intercepted by (authorities?), and in the process you may have gotten the intercept. Flag this thread for yourself and report if you get any others. Maybe the technicians got something crossed and don't realize it. They may have been waiting for that call forever, lol... Just conjecture on my part, you never know. I've heard of a case or two like this concerning land lines way back when.

EDIT: How do you feel you would get in trouble for reporting that to the authorities? Just curious... sadly, with the crap laws we've got lately, I can understand your hesitancy. I'd say report it... we have documented proof here that you were worried, or at least appeared worried about it.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You have the moral obligation to report the call to the FBI or the CIA. I report things like that all the time but nothing has ever happened to me. The worst they'll do is question you for a long time.

David Siedlar

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Agreed. If this post is not a lie you should tell them about the call. They record a huge amount of phone calls already and if you got a link up you shouldn't have had, its possible it was digitally recorded and can be recovered as well as the last call in location.

Tell someone. The FBI is very trustworthy on the whole. Don't live with not telling and something bad happening, it will haunt you the rest of your life.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
True.
I'm not a do good-er myself, but bombs and America...
I think you should report it.

We all don't need any more terrorism over there.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I looked up that number. It's on the below website. It's under "suspicious numbers", just don't put the hyphens in. I also found that the 506 country code is for Costa Rica, second link, so you might be getting scam calls from that country. There's no 5 or 50 country code, so I'm guessing it's 506. Still mighty odd though, especially with the suspicious numbers tag. Might as well report it, but it looks more like a scam than anything else in my opinion.

Peace out

whocallsme.com...

www.1areacodescountrycodes.com...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

As long as everything is sorted out, land lines will have the number 2 added in front of their current number and cell numbers will have the additional prefix 8 added in front of the present number. In other words, if your home phone was 333-4455, it will become 2333-4455.

Costa Rica Adds 8th Digit to Phone Numbers

Maybe the phone call did originate from Costa Rica. Nice work dragonfire.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The Costa Rican country code is 506 so the spanish accent fits. And other countries have more digits too their numbers than the US and Canada.

In either way does anyone know why a call could be "intercepted"? I called my friends home phone from my cell phone and in the middle of the conversation a third voice entered for a second. It was scary as # any help???

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi

As long as everything is sorted out, land lines will have the number 2 added in front of their current number and cell numbers will have the additional prefix 8 added in front of the present number. In other words, if your home phone was 333-4455, it will become 2333-4455.

Costa Rica Adds 8th Digit to Phone Numbers

Maybe the phone call did originate from Costa Rica. Nice work dragonfire.

So if a 2 gets added in front of the number, then it would be 506 2234 9086.

Your phone would read it in the recognised digit spacing your phone's programmed to maybe.

Costa Rica matches with the spanish accent anyways.

new topics

top topics

join