It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem. Lawyers: Fla., Mich. can't be fully Restored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Dem. Lawyers: Fla., Mich. can't be fully Restored

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - A Democratic Party rules committee has the authority to seat some delegates from Michigan and Florida but not fully restore the two states as Hillary Rodham Clinton wants, according to party lawyers.

Democratic National Committee rules require that the two states lose at least half of their convention delegates for holding elections too early, the party's legal experts wrote in a 38-page memo.

The memo was sent late Tuesday to the 30 members of the party's Rules and Bylaws Committee, which plans to meet Saturday at a Washington hotel. The committee is considering ways to include the two important general election battlegrounds at the nominating convention in August, and the staff analysis says seating half the delegates is "as far as it legally can" go.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well this was expected.

The odds are the committee will rule that the fault lies with Michigan and Florida for moving the primary up depsite warnings that this would happen. A decision both Obama and Clinton, and the other candidates at the time agreed to.

With Obama being about 50 delegates away from sewing the whole thing up... the next question is...

What will Hillary do?

Me personally I expect her to behave like a spoiled brat but I hope I am wrong.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join